N9 PR 1.3 already in testing?

| February 9, 2012 | 39 Replies

Belle has been pretty much dominating the Nokia news this week. What about us that have the N9? Well the PR 1.2 update is just around the corner. But thanks to a Twitter post and a link to Harmattan-Bugs, there is a report or PR 1.3 in use. Doing a search with a few keywords that would show only PR 1.3 info, it seems this is the only info reported. Maybe an error? Or premature leak? Either way, it’s gotten me excited. I WANT PR 1.2 NOW! :p

We saw some recent news come out of the Symbian Bugtracker regarding Carla, so lets hope that this news turns out to be legit and Nokia are already working on the next update. I’m not going to link directly to the bug, since I don’t want to be responsible for people harassing the bug reporter for news on PR 1.3, but it’s not too hard to get the info.

Cheers to Ante for the post on twitter!

Category: Leak, MeeGo, Nokia, Nseries, Qt

Hi! My name is Michael. Like the others, I'm also a Student, living here in Sydney. I have a real passion for the latest technology and I'm a real Nokia buff! My aim is to keep those of you, like myself, updated with the latest in what's going on in the Nokia World. Currently sporting N9 & Lumia 820, with other Nokia devices in my posession. Get in touch on Twitter via @MFaroTusino, Google Plus or even simply drop me an email at mike.mnb[at]outlook.com or tips[at]mynokiablog.com

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Nokia N9: PR 1.3 potrebbe già essere in fase di sviluppo | February 9, 2012
  1. Diogo says:

I love my N9 pr1.1!
    Waiting for 1.2 and 1.3 :-)

2. Ali Alomary says:

We want it today before tomorrow. I want the browser get improve and other stuffs to get update. I hope they do it in the next days.

3. zlutor says:

“Maybe an error?” – no… :-)

4. aboodesta says:

N9 Love :p

5. fff says:

what to expect for 1.3?

6. efion says:

niceee!

7. nurver86 says:

i still dont know how to install PR 1.1 and 1.2, so if anybody knows it please tell me the secret.

• Michael Faro-Tusino says:

Search on myn9.blogspot.com I posted a Flashing guide :) Plus there are heaps on TMO and FMC

• Shaun says:

The correct way is to go to Settings, then applications, then Manage Applications and you’ll get a list of your applications.

In the toolbar on the bottom of the screen, press the right hand icon that has an arrow in it pointing to the bottom left to switch to the updates tab.

If your phone has an update available, it’s there. Press the refresh button in the title bar to refresh the page to check again.

If there’s nothing there, your phone is up to date and there is no update available for your model of phone. Some people are stuck on older versions as localized versions for their carrier or country haven’t been made available yet.

You can find out what is already installed by going to Settings -> About Product. It’ll say PRx.x under Version.

If you’re still stuck with an old version then Michael’s advice to flash your phone is what you need.

Make sure your phone is charged and if you’re doing an over the air update, you’re connected via wifi.

• zlutor says:

NOKIA software updater will help you: http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/device-software-update

Install this software, connect your N9 and it will notify you whether update is available for your phone or not (yet).

If update is available it will update your phone automatically..

8. aanand says:

i was realy hurted wen i cam 2 kno dat n9 wont launch in INDIA. i den 2 go for samsung.

9. Shaun says:

Good to see they’re cracking on with updates!

I would guess PR1.3 is mainly bug fixes though.

10. reptile says:

To whom it may concern, I finished translating that Cantonese video review of PR1.2 on the N950.

11. et3rnal says:

Awesome

Today Vodafone Australia just put the N9 on SALE on $29 cup :D with 0$ payments

12. Razus says:

PR1.3 is a perf/stability/security/design fix release.
    Odd no. releases are usually focused around that.

Although several devs have hinted that 1.3′s not a typical odd no. release.
    There’ll be more feature-adds than what is typically the case.
    But it will still be nothing like PR1.2…