Will You Buy the Nokia 808 PureView?

| February 28, 2012 | 161 Replies

It’s not even 24 hours, but there’s been quite a lot of info on the new Nokia 808 PureView.

Do you think you will be buying this handset? Are you looking for a different Nokia PureView? Or are you interested in a completely different phone still?

[polldaddy poll=5986849]

Category: Nokia, Symbian

1. Sayumi says:

I think this would be the best in the Series…

Looking back at the N8 up to X7 line up… For me N8s the best!

But still hoping a higher spec PureView phone… Matching the Dual(Quad)Core and higher RAM etc etc of other Brands…

2. lolwat says:

After having had the N8 for a long time, I will be looking forward to owning the 808 without question. I’m actually glad it’s Belle and not WP, although I was kind of hoping to get a taste of WP. Regardless of what OS would’ve been on that phone, I would buy it.

It’s so… sublime.

3. DesR85 says:

I chose maybe a different Pureview phone. Just didn’t like the design of the 808. Hopefully Nokia will come up with a a better design for future Pureview devices.

4. Lee says:

Almost Certainly once my current N8 contract expires in September. The camera on this is a beast!

5. I have one question: Can I use it with MeeGo? If yes then this is OK with me.

6. Deaconclgi says:

Definately, no doubt about it. I am saving up already and I have a friend that owns a mobile shop that can fast track one for me when it goes on sale!

Good times are ahead.

7. npo4 says:

Nope, I’m considering the Nokia 700 now, but I might wait until it gets cheaper first.

8. Jesse says:

I am thinking about it. No way I can use it as my primary phone but it would be awesome for days out where I know I will be taking pictures!

9. jake20 says:

if i can buy in sim free and use it in the states on AT&T netowrk, then YES!!

10. D Harries says:

The problem with multiple phones for sale is I could have just bought a Lumia with a 2 year contract, and then this just gets announced.

11. rueaka says:

I was inclined to get a N9 but now …
    Difficult choice, if only it was a meego device :\
    Any hope for an “experimental” “Qt flagship device” with PureView ?

12. Thomas F says:

My guess is that if this technology has been in the pipeline for the last 4-5 years, this technology will have been prepared for the Meamo/meego platform. Up until a year ago Meego was the future Nokia Platform ( hope is actually still is) and therefore i do not think that they would not have done this integration already. The problem/challenge is Elop and his blind WP fascination. Nokia needs more than one high end platform, Symbian is ok for now, but a new system is neded and that is where i see Harmattan. Harmattan is not 100% ready yet, it still lags many of the functions that makes Symbian so versatile, but give Nokia 1 year, and it will be perfect.

13. Bharathesh Acharya says:

I still use nokia 5610 XM . . . i need a replacement ASAP, was thinking of N8 but i guess i’l wait for this :)

14. Rustyknight17 says:

Definitely will get this , though I may wait a few months for the price to go down a bit …I think the design , though not as original as the N8 , is certainly handsome , even … friendly , for lack of a better term .
    I also think this technology willshow up in WP , though certainly not before Apollo , if then . As for Meego , I rather suspect it can , with the 808′s hatdware specs , handle PureView . I’d love to see a N9 successor with PureView and hopefully a QWERTY physical keyboard !

15. This excellent website truly has all the info I needed about
    this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

Here iss myy webpage: déménagement magog