Q1 2012 WP estimates; Nokia Astound back up T-Mobile’s top 10?

| March 6, 2012 | 15 Replies


Again, I’m never sure what to make of estimates but WSJ network’s Barrons reckons that “Windows Mobile may make up 7.1%” this quarter. That’s up from 1-2%?

  • RIM: 8%
  • iOS: 23.7
  • Android: 52.7

91.5% leaving “others” I guess with 8.5% to which a large portion might be Symbian. It is not stated anywhere in the article.

Nokia will just about maintain being number 1 global handset leader with 24.8%.

Nokia’s introduction of the Nokia Lumia 710 might have given a minor boost as we saw it reach the charts for T-Mobile USA (it was at the top for a few weeks, but now on page 3. BTW, Nokia Astound is up to page 1)

Nokia’s Lumia 900 most likely will not have enough time to impact Q1, if it is at all released in Q1. According to a commenter at WMPU who claims to work at AT&T.

“I work at a pretty large AT&T retailer and we are selling about 18% windows phone ever since the release of the 2nd gen phones. People are starting to buy in.”

barrons via WMPU

Cheers ZiPA and Viipottaja for the tip!


Category: Nokia, Symbian, Windows Phone

About the Author ()

Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@) or email me directly on jay[at]