Yvonne from Nokia should be someone you’re all familiar with. Yvonne gives us all the information about the latest Nokia software updates and amazingly even replies to our readers in comments.
Yvonne emailed us yesterday regarding the latest updates available for the Nokia Lumia 800 and Nokia Lumia 710.
NOKIA LUMIA 800
Good news! We have brought forward the software update schedule for our Nokia Lumia 800, and have begun rolling out the latest update 1600.2487.8107.12070 to India and Singapore. This update will gradually be available for more markets in the coming weeks and we will keep you informed via our support pages as well as via a similar announcement here on Nokia Discussions Forum, once we add additonal markets to the roll out.
As this is not a mandatory software update, not every country or network carrier will make it available to their customers. However, all features and enhancements will be included in subsequent software updates. If you have questions if 1600.2487.8107.12070 will be available for you, please check with your local network carrier.
The new Lumia 800 update brings the following enhancements:
• Enhanced battery standby and talk time performance
• Battery capacity icon instead of question mark on top right of screen
• Improved bass in audio performance
• Soft-key illumination at all brightness levels
• Fixes for device performance issues including self-reboots, freezes and call-ending
And Nokia Lumia 710
Good news! We have brought forward the software update schedule for our Nokia Lumia 710, and have begun rolling out the latest update 1600.3015.8107.12070 to India and Singapore. We will add more countries and variants to the rollout based on market requests.
The new Lumia 710 update brings the following enhancements:
• Smoother device performance (when ending a call) as well as
• other minor performance and usability improvements
The instructions are pretty simple. When your Lumia tells you an update is available, just connect it to your PC that has Zune installed. Zune will go through everything with you, basically just click next and you’re done.
As soon as the update is available for you, your phone will display a notification on your Homescreen or you can check for available updates manually by going to Settings > phone update. To update your phone, please follow those 4 steps:
2. Connect your phone to your computer, using the USB cable that came with your phone.
3. If the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac doesn’t start automatically when you connect your phone, start it manually.
4. In the Zune software, click Update Now (in Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac, click Install Updates). Make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer until you see a notification that the update is complete.
Yvonne from Nokia Care