Nokia Lumia 800/710 updates available + Changelogs.

| March 8, 2012 | 47 Replies

Yvonne from Nokia should be someone you’re all familiar with. Yvonne gives us all the information about the latest Nokia software updates and amazingly even replies to our readers in comments.

Yvonne emailed us yesterday regarding the latest updates available for the Nokia Lumia 800 and Nokia Lumia 710.

NOKIA LUMIA 800

Hi all!

Good news! We have brought forward the software update schedule for our Nokia Lumia 800, and have begun rolling out the latest update 1600.2487.8107.12070 to India and Singapore. This update will gradually be available for more markets in the coming weeks and we will keep you informed via our support pages as well as via a similar announcement here on Nokia Discussions Forum, once we add additonal markets to the roll out.

As this is not a mandatory software update, not every country or network carrier will make it available to their customers. However, all features and enhancements will be included in subsequent software updates. If you have questions if 1600.2487.8107.12070 will be available for you, please check with your local network carrier.

The new Lumia 800 update brings the following enhancements:

• Enhanced battery standby and talk time performance

• Battery capacity icon instead of question mark on top right of screen

• Improved bass in audio performance

• Soft-key illumination at all brightness levels

And Nokia Lumia 710

Good news! We have brought forward the software update schedule for our Nokia Lumia 710, and have begun rolling out the latest update 1600.3015.8107.12070 to India and Singapore. We will add more countries and variants to the rollout based on market requests.

The new Lumia 710 update brings the following enhancements:

• Smoother device performance (when ending a call) as well as

• other minor performance and usability improvements

The instructions are pretty simple. When your Lumia tells you an update is available, just connect it to your PC that has Zune installed. Zune will go through everything with you, basically just click next and you’re done.

As soon as the update is available for you, your phone will display a notification on your Homescreen or you can check for available updates manually by going to Settings > phone update. To update your phone, please follow those 4 steps:

1.   Install the Zune software (Windows) or Windows Phone 7 Connector (Mac OS) on your computer. You’ll need this software to download the phone update.

2.   Connect your phone to your computer, using the USB cable that came with your phone.

3.   If the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac doesn’t start automatically when you connect your phone, start it manually.

4.   In the Zune software, click Update Now (in Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac, click Install Updates). Make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer until you see a notification that the update is complete.

Best regards,

Yvonne from Nokia Care

Thanks Yvonne!

Category: Nokia, Windows Phone

1. migo says:

No tethering yet? Sigh.

2. Muneeb says:

Still not on my NL710, I’m from India.

3. DesR85 says:

“The new Lumia 800 update brings the following enhancements:

• Enhanced battery standby and talk time performance

• Battery capacity icon instead of question mark on top right of screen

• Improved bass in audio performance

• Soft-key illumination at all brightness levels

• Fixes for device performance issues including self-reboots, freezes and call-ending”

No. 1 is a welcome update, since I do admit that battery drain pretty fast even though its on standby. As for talk time improvements, I’m okay with the current setup, though the voice level is a bit low on the receiving side but still audible nonetheless.

Never encountered problem no. 2 and no. 5. The batch where my unit came from must be good. No. 3 and 4 is welcome, despite not having any issues with either of them.

Haven’t received the update yet, but hopefully it will be available soon on my side (Malaysia).

4. JNC says:

did install the update
    bt nothing like battery capacity icon is apperaring on the top right

owns lumia 800

5. Islam says:

please guys;
    can you tell me the diffrence between the lumia 800 rm-801 and the rm-819

6. momchil says:

CAB file of PR1.2 for Nokia Lumia 800 if someone want to manually install it – http://bit.ly/zy9ruu

tools and how-to are here – http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1306415

• luxo says:

I did the forced update (I’m in France, on Orange) and it worked great. Easy to follow instructions, pretty fail-proof. It’s nice to have my illuminated soft keys back, and we’ll see about the battery life, although I’m a bit skeptical.

• Jaruz says:

@luxo

I read somewhere that the 800′s physical buttons are illuminated.
        Is that true or is it referring to the touch-screen buttons down the bottom?

7. Jesus says:

Still no tether? WTF, im in the hospital atm and the internet there sux cawk. I go to use my “new” phone to tether with come to find out the pos wont do it. gfym.

• Perry says:

I agree with Jesus, purchasing the Lumia 710 feels like a mistake so far as I thought I was upgrading to a better phone. Turns out this phone is still an infant when it comes to useability and function. Also I have lost some of the basic features of T Mobile such as tether and WiFi calling.
      Completely unacceptable and unless this update or T Mobile addresses these issues I will be throwing this phone away (or selling it to whomever wants it) and going back to my old trusty phone which works fine and has all the features I use!

8. luxo says:

I haven’t noticed any difference in battery life since the new update.

In fact, I had to recharge it at work after having been on the internet for 2-3 hours; it had gone down from 100% to 37% in that short period!!!

9. Kashish says:

I have a Lumia 710 and the battery is pathetic. It drains pretty quickly, in like 5-6 hours. Will the latest update help sort out this battery drain problem? Does it address the battery problem too?

• luxo says:

It allegedly fixes the battery problem, but if anything my battery now drains FASTER!

• Sridhar says:

Did u update ur 710? Did it solve the battery problem? I am wondering which phone to buy… the Samsung Omnia W or the Nokia Lumia 710. At least here in India the price difference between these 2 is a few hundred bucks. I am only concerned with the battery… the Omnia seems to have an awesome battery

10. PNK says:

WORST PHONE NOKIA 710 WILL SUGGEST TO ALL SAMSUNG OMNIA W

AT LEAST YOU CAN SHARE INTERNET ON YOU LAPTOP BY INTERNET SHARING FEATURES

11. Jaylor says:

Man this spam is so freaking annoying, fuck-off spam p00.

12. kartik Agarwal says:

1. Is there a task manager in Nokia lumia 710 to close any running task?

2. Is the Nokia lumia 710 upgradeable to windows OS 8?

13. Jaruz says:

Why not ask in a thread that hasn’t been dead for mths.
    Freaking weird some MNB posters I swear…