If you want to see how the port of Whatsapp for the Nokia N9 the community is doing, head on over to TMO.
A lot of progress, though equally still a long way to go. But the goal is in sight.
Seems there’s also a website where the folks working on this are looking for donations to keep the progress going.
Progress update from tgalal
Hey guys, here is quick progress update:
- Message delivery indicators - Almost
- Chat logging - Done
- Editing Status - Not yet
- Only 1 to 1 Conversations - Done
- Contacts sync - Done
- Integration with Accounts manager - Done
- Integration with Meego’s notifications - Almost
- Running the app in background - Not yet
And adding to the done list too:
- Registration which is done too via native Accounts manager. It also automatically parses the received Whatsapp code so you wouldn’t enter it manually.
- Contact is typing indicator
- Contact presence
I would greatly appreciate any advises concerning running the app in background. I’m looking for a behavior that would be pretty much similar to how original Whatsapp works (almost un-exitable). PS: I’m using python + PySide.
Thanks Edmund and Mohammed Ayman for the tip!