Here is Spotify demoed on the Nokia N9.
I recorded this two days ago during my lunch break, just after recording the Lumia version. It wasn’t planned but I thought I needed to give it another go. This means that it was the first time I had used the N9 version. It’s only posted now because these demoes take ages to do:
Recording, Processing (which can take up to 3 hours), Uploading (which can also take 3 hours, or more if YouTube decides to give you ‘upload failed’. Also I can’t always just upload when I want as it kills the internet connection for the rest of my house.
I thought this was worth mentioning as I keep getting asked the same question about doing N9 videos. If you want to share your demoes with us, please do so You know if I find a N9 video, I share it asap .
- It’s markedly different from the Lumia version, though quite appropriately, very in line with the N9 UI.
- You will need a Spotify Premium account
- Can also store tracks offline – has neat progress bar to tell you how much
- Not a spotify feature, but N9s – the scrollbar, for quickly jumping to a particular area on your playlist
- Tabs at the bottom to switch between the features
- Currently playing button at the top
- Very easy to go back to your playlist
- Quick button to view currently playing
- Has the Spotify Radio option but I can’t get it to work
- Has Search but I can’t get it to work :/
- No quick music controls (Lumia versin – it integrates to volume buttons so you can pause/skip anywhere)
- No lockscreen music controls (Lumia version has spotify controls on the lock screen).
- Not sure why scrolling stutters sometimes.
- There’s social integration which I’ve not tried – or at least I thought I had not since I told spotify not to connect my facebook account and share all my music. After looking at reviews, apparently this is not set up well and everything you listen to is shared on facebook (if you connected them).
- Not been using long enough to talk about stability but I’ve not really encountered
I just noticed my video template doesn’t have linked titles. The word Spotify only got updated for the end screen.