Nokia Drives last update brought offline navigation to all; which is great- so what’s to come in 3.0?
- the application “learns” based on the style of driving
- Time travel and the density of traffic movements are tracked in real time, displaying information on the “live tile”
- Automatic determination of time of day, with the change of colour scheme cards
- Manual adjustment of routes
- Off-line favourite lists with the possibility of fixing tiles on the desktop.
And for the newly released Nokia Transport:
- Search for public transport using the user’s location.
- Displaying nearby transportation: buses, trains, trams, subways, taxis, marked stops
- Show the route with transfers
- Support Schedule in 87 countries around the world
- Support for fast access to Favorites
- Advanced Search
- Saving query history
- Change the query without a new route
- Faster search and installation of the route
- Optimized application performance
It seems like a pretty nice changelog to come (soon hopefully) but one feature I’d love to see (and is frankly pretty important) is the ability to navigate to a Favorite through Nokia drive (as of now favorites don’t sync between drive & maps)- up till now the best Favorites/search integration I could find is still on Symbian, (at least the N9 can sync with the Symbian favorites- WP doesn’t recognize any of your favorites or routes stored online).