Nokia Drive (3.0) & Nokia Transport (2.0) Upcoming Features:

| May 5, 2012 | 11 Replies

Image

Nokia Drives last update brought offline navigation to all; which is great- so what’s to come in 3.0?

• the application “learns” based on the style of driving
  • Time travel and the density of traffic movements are tracked in real time, displaying information on the “live tile”
  • Automatic determination of time of day, with the change of colour scheme cards
  • Manual adjustment of routes
  • Off-line favourite lists with the possibility of fixing tiles on the desktop.

And for the newly released Nokia Transport:

• Search for public transport using the user’s location.
  • Displaying nearby transportation: buses, trains, trams, subways, taxis, marked stops
  • Show the route with transfers
  • Support Schedule in 87 countries around the world
  • Support for fast access to Favorites
  • Advanced Search
  • Saving query history
  • Change the query without a new route
  • Faster search and installation of the route
  • Optimized application performance

It seems like a pretty nice changelog to come (soon hopefully) but one feature I’d love to see (and is frankly pretty important) is the ability to navigate to a Favorite through Nokia drive (as of now favorites don’t sync between drive & maps)- up till now the best Favorites/search integration I could find is still on Symbian, (at least the N9 can sync with the Symbian favorites- WP doesn’t recognize any of your favorites or routes stored online).

VIA

Category: Applications, Nokia, Symbian, Windows Phone

1. Boycott says:

I’d like to note as fair to mention N9 in this context. Also as the soft was planned as a part of MeeGo plan for future.

2. James says:

Saw that….
    Will be disappointing if unique features in it don’t make their way to Maemo6x & vice-versa.
    Even if it’s quite a bit later than S^3/WP…
    Esp. given how soon it’s rumored to be coming…

• Viipottaja says:

Konttori said that there would very few improvements to N9 maps after 1.2.

However, a pretty good source has claimed to me all improvements would come.

frankly, I think the former is more likely but hope the latter is the case.

• James says:

@Viipottaja

Yes I recall konttori saying something like that.
        He was mostly guesstimating, but I agree it’s more likely than not.

This “source”, they’re in the Harmattan team?
        What did he mean by “all improvements” will come?

Cheers.

• James says:

^ *BUMP* @Viipottaja? TY.

3. Viipottaja says:

Great improvements! Can’t. Wait to see how well the traffic live time works on my route to work.

The location based Transport is also really cool sounding.

4. DesR85 says:

Nice improvements for Drive, hope that they will include the option to save a location. ;)

As for Transport, I wasn’t expecting it to jump to 87 countries this fast. If Kuala Lumpur is included, I wouldn’t mind giving it a go, though its public transportation mess is a whole other story. :p

5. StefanP says:

“Time travel” is supported! Wow!

6. Allan says:

I really Line Nokia Transport. Anyone like me who would like to see it adapt to where I am and show progress and show alternate routes as I move?

I also find it annoying that maps and drive don’t talk to each other when they’re both installed so that when I would choose to navigate to a place from maps it would use the Drive app.

Other features I’d like to see for maps in general:
    - navigate to contact
    - navigate to appointment
    - integration with local scout outside of US