This is a very simple but useful app – it’s called Big Oven. It’s a recipe app, great for adding variety to an otherwise monotonous meal schedule.
I really like the left over feature where you set three ingredients that you have and it will suggests recipes out of that. It would be better if you can set more and that if it didn’t include ingredients you didn’t have (it uses the three items as more of a base trio). If you have a ‘Big Oven’ account, you can have the grocery list option (where it will add all the ingredients necessary for your next shop) as well as let you upload recipes yourself and more. I wish it wasn’t necessary to sign in like other recipe apps.
The app looks nice when you dig into the menu/recipe. The main view though is a little plain (it’s just black) but when you click on, it has that nice slightly faded picture (mostly of the dish you’ve picked)
#191) Big Oven
Take 170,000+ recipes (including your own) anywhere on your Windows Phone!
With over five million downloads, and one million registered cooks from around the world, BigOven is one of the top mobile food apps. As featured in the New York Times. Voted “Best Recipe App, 2011″ by the readers of About.com. Named “Best App for Foodies” by PC Magazine, “Best Apps for New Moms” by Time Magazine and “Best App for Eating In” by the Huffington Post.
This app is fully native for Windows Phone!
* RecipeScan(tm) – want to enter a recipe? Simply snap a photo of the written recipe!
* Take and submit photo of a recipe right from your phone!
* View recipes easily anywhere (grocery store, on vacation!)
* Find new recipes to try — search by an ingredient (“chicken”), title (“lasagna”), or keywords (“spicy beef chinese”)
* Get ideas to use up leftovers: just enter ingredients from your fridge or pantry to find out what you can make
* View recipes in landscape mode!
Free BigOven.com Members can:
* Post their own recipes and photos on BigOven.com from any web browser, and view them easily on phone
* Save Favorites and “Try Soon” lists of recipes so you’re never stuck without dinner ideas
* Share recipes with friends: Tell friends to post on BigOven.com too, and easily share favorites!
* Add recipe reviews
* Share recipes via email, on Facebook and Twitter, right from your phone
* Browse over 1,000 food glossary entries to learn more about that special ingredient at the grocery store
BigOven PRO members (optional paid membership, free 30-day trial at www.bigoven.com/pro):
* Nutrition facts — calories, carbs, fat, protein, and more
* Post recipes PRIVATELY and retrieve them on your phone
* No advertisements whenever you’re logged in
* Grocery list — add/remove recipes and individual items
* Grocery list synchronizes with the web; edit from a web browser or your phone and it’s viewable anywhere
* Email grocery list