The folks working on Nitroid for Nokia N9 now have the Alpha 4 release available. You will be needing PR1.3 for this.
.Instructions available in the link above
What is working:
- based on Android Open-Source Project (AOSP) v 4.0.4_r2.1 (IMM76L)
- Google Applications (GApps), PlayStore (Android Market)
- dualboot kernel (without reflashing), ability to choose OS after power on.
- N950 supported (see http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=134.0)
- 3D drivers, OpenGL, hwrotation (“fake” default portrait mode for landscape-oriented displays), livewallpapers
- touchscreen (multitouch)
- hw buttons (volume, power), Nokia N950 keyboard
- ECI accessory (headset buttons)
- USB networking
- lcd off in sleep mode, colour profiles, electron beam effect (demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFMTofYt_2g)
- alarm driver, RTC
- mounting MyDocs as “SDCard” [realized; NOT FIXED, but HACK EXISTS]
- basic video decoding (sw) and playback, youtube
- wifi (only basic functionality: able to connect to AP, linkspeed/RSSI (signal strength) indication. no tethering).
- basic CellMo functionality: network registration, USSD, SMS, data (GPRS/EDGE/3G), signaling. Actually, ofono/ofono-ril stack is used: all things that it able to do on the n900.
- bluetooth (scanning, can pair devices. I’m able to send files between SGS2 and N9. I didn’t test deeper.).
- battery status, charging indication
- sensors: accelerometer, compass
- audio: playback (audio routing to: loudspeaker, headset or earpiece), jack switch in kernel (h2w), beta-quality microphone support (shazam/soundhound, skype, some sound recorders)
- lights HAL (lcd brightness, hw keyboard lights(Nokia N950) )
- root access (via adb shell; su/Superuser.apk)
- fakeGPS (ability to trick system and set any location as GPS fix), no real GPS support yet!
a lot of minor and major bugfixes since alpha_3.
- little gfx glitch while horizontal scrolling
- voicesearch broken
- voicecalls are still WIP
Not working/ Work in progress:
- Cleanup source code, commit all changes, allow AOSP-like builds.
- RIL/ofono: connectivity problems on some operators. Advanced features: PIN/PUK (un)locking, roaming etc.
- Android USB drivers: adb, mtp etc.
- sensors (als, proximity etc)
- sensors: compass (calibration)
- lights HAL (led)
- audio (a2dp, microphone (attempt to record mono/8000Hz crashes mediaserver), voicecalls
- HW video decoding (DSP)
- vibra (postponed. It’s very likely Android to get support for input/forcefeedback devices in JB 4.1)
- GPS. GlonASS also
- NFC (n9 share the same nfc chip with crespo: pn544 from NXP. I suppose we could use crespo’s HAL/kernel modules with minimal changes, no need to write it from scratch. However, it doesn’t work atm ( userland problem ) ).
- a lot of other things
Cheers nikhil for the tip!
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Nitroid llega a su cuarto alpha, mejora pero todavía no es estable | NotiPra.Com - La Noticia Del Momento!! | July 11, 2012
- Nokia N9 gets Nitroid Alpha Release 4 “Despite” (Android 4.0.4_r2.1 … | Mob Tech Blog | July 11, 2012
- NITDRoid per Nokia N9: disponibile versione alpha 4 Despite | July 11, 2012
- Nitroid llega a su cuarto alpha, mejora pero todavía no es estable | TecnoBlog | July 11, 2012
- Nitroid reached its fourth alpha, improved but still not stable | Mobile News Pedia | July 11, 2012
- Nitroid llega a su cuarto alpha, mejora pero todavía no es estable | Tecno BLog celulares nuevos, descargas de temas juegos y aplicaciones,todo sobre nuevos modelos de celulares | July 11, 2012
- NITDroid Alpha Release #4 “Despite” now available for Nokia N9 | Infaround | July 11, 2012
- NITDroid Alfa 4 for Nokia N9 “Despite” released « Dunia Software | July 12, 2012
- Mobile Tweaks | NITDroid Alfa 4 for Nokia N9 “Despite” released | July 13, 2012
- NITDroid Alpha Release #4 now available | InfaTech | August 15, 2012
- Nokia N9 NITDroid Alpha Release 4 (Android 4.0.4_r2.1) | MundoMeego | January 23, 2013