Nokia Belle Phones Get “Upload to SkyDrive” Update – Still Waiting

| July 11, 2012 | 34 Replies

Just in time for Jays LumiAppADay about SkyDrive on the Lumia 900 Nokia have pushed an update for what seems to be all phones running Nokia Belle that should bring the option to upload/share directly to Skydrive. Honestly I’m super excited for this feature, especially since I’ve got my 808; currently the only two options to share images are through FB and Flickr (just discovered the latter) so SkyDrive is a welcome addition especially since my Lumia 900 automatically uploads my Twitter photos to it and saves them there.

I’ve yet to get this update on my 808 but it seems some people are receiving it, have you guys got it yet?

Update: I followed the link left int eh comments below and it worked, so if anyones in a rush go here:
Download .sis installation file here http://www.n8fin.com/nokia-belle-puhelimille-paivitys-upload-to-skydrive/

Download the .sis and enjoy (Installs to C is probably best)

VIA

Category: Nokia, Symbian

• Dave² says:

I can see it on Navifirm. Files up to 3.5GB in size.
      It also shows red, white and black variants for USA and for Mexico under TELCEL.

• Epsoo says:

Very interesting, I wonder what’s inside. Depends on country code, his one’s from KSA so falls under MEA Variant codes.

• Aliqudsi says:

Sorry no updates but I did use the link below to successfully install it

• Epsoo says:

Hmm… NaviFirm+ does show around 200 global codes with 17×3(B,R,W) release variants for MEA region alone. Well, you can reserve a blog-slot for updating us of changelog once you get it. That partial update you did probably needs full firmware to work out properly with all options.

• Epsoo says:

This one has a few instructions, not sure are specific to your issue.
              forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=74043.0
              I expect you did reboot after update as its mentioned in some places.

1. reptile says:

Still nothing on my n8 :(

2. tholj says:

just instaled through sw update via wifi but cannot figure out how to upload photos..

• Aliqudsi says:

It seems you can’t upload a single file to it, you can autoupload all your photos automatically though (no option to single select; just choose autoupload and wait)

3. Epsoo says:

Aliqudsi, tweetian (free app) developer has released a major update that has host of upload options:

dickson-apps.blogspot.in

4. twig says:

Another Microsoft win phone exc.has left the company. I will say it. I think Nokia is going to be running the Windows phone show from now on. This looks like a couple of guys looking into the future and seeing Nokia already has that covered. The guy will head the Amazon app store.

5. Segundo says:

I just got it on my N8 in Brazil! Cool! :D

6. galaktus says:

installed on my nokia E6 from software update but i dont know how to use it :D

7. martin says:

How do you share to Flickr? i only have options for share>facebook or twitter. Skydrive found and installed fine on N8(UK)

• BarryB20 says:

Hi Martin,

on my 808 in gallery, I press the Option button (bottom right) it then select share and it shows add account FB and Flickr. Hope that helps

Thanks,

Barry

8. zymesh says:

installed on my 808 but it only keeps on trying to connect to live. I havnt even input my user and pass yet. Is this normal

9. ertwertwe says:

“Access your information at any time” – Are you guys that stupid?

• Worzel says:

Of course it needs to access your information at anytime, in order to sync data in real time. There’s nothing stupid about that.

10. I drop a leave a response when I especially enjoy a article on a site or if I
    have something to add to the discussion. Usually it is caused by
    the sincerness communicated in the post I read. And on this article Nokia Belle Phones Get Upload to SkyDrive
    Update – Still Waiting : My Nokia Blog. I was actually excited enough to drop a comment :
    ) I do have 2 questions for you if you don’t mind. Could it be
    only me or do a few of the comments appear like they are written by brain dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you are posting on other online sites, I’d like to follow anything new you have to
    post. Could you make a list all of all your
    shared pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?