Here’s a fresh new interview dated today with Jussi Hurmola, CEO of Jolla. All eyes are on the company at the moment wondering how they will take Nokia’s MeeGo further with Jolla.
Is Nokia one of the shareholders at Jolla?
Our shareholders are all private persons at the moment from international backgrounds and Finnish backgrounds and this is the first step we wanted to [take] because we knew that there would be many interesting changes in Jolla that we wanted to retain control of the company. That’s why we are going with private investors in the first place.
- Jolla – it’s MeeGo with Jolla UI
- Major elements to be maintained (Note MeeGo =/= MeeGo Harmattan)
- Multitasking will be maintained but UI will be very different to N9 swipe.
- Multitasking seems to be quite an important part
We want to fully take the multitasking and using the device and the UI itself for the function of information rather than just going into applications and closing. So we want to change the paradigm there.
- Android/iOS – nice UIs but Jolla wants to bring something new. Something different from just opening/closing apps.
- Can’t reveal yet whether they’re using Intel or ARM.
- In talks with retailers/channels so they’ll be ready before they show us the phone.
- Recognises the importance of apps and ecosystem in order to be a ‘serious smartphone’