My Dream Nokia #56: Nokia 8 WP8 Concept

| August 3, 2012 | 16 Replies

Here’s MDN #56 is a very sharp, rectangular slab of straight lines.

I think the designer of this phone concept, Tobiaz Pankraz, said, “Big, thin, elegant”.  Being thin certainly helps when you have a large screened device. It makes it slightly easier to wrap your hands around the phone.

There’s no specs that I could find. More pics over at

Thanks Vikas Patidar for the tip!

Category: Concept, Dream Nokia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. Duffeldof says:

That looks really REALLY uncomfortable to keep in hand.

2. vineet says:

that looks awesome. Although it looks more like a sony than a nokia. The front resembles the xperia arc s

3. Ali Abdulla says:

different tastes maybe, cause I find it cheap, ugly and too thin.. I don’t mind large (that’s what she…)

4. prashant says:

awesome.

5. Simo says:

25 missed calls? :P

6. qromodynmc says:

Well,will be comfortable? I dont think so :/

7. Aliqudsi says:

Looks absolutely stunning, (seems to be about 5inches; hte designer should change to the new home screen though (he already put the new Win 8 flag, but the tiles are old.

Ports on the bottom of the phone make for a neater design (rumor is the new iPhone will have the headphone jack at the bottom)

Honestly I don’t care if the camera would be garbage (which at that size it probably is);I’d buy that in a heartbeat.

8. Edgar Mkrtchyan says:

first glance it seems like a great elegant credit card, but after a few seconds of reflection, it is assumed that the battery is really small, and as people say above, there is very little in hand, enters the angles palm and it is not practical, but the reports are well done bravo! :)

9. flava says:

2 things i love about Nokia phones are its durability and ergonomic design, this phone looks fragile and uncomfortable to hold, definitely not a Nokia..

10. TheN9-Beast says:

Ok… I don’t want to be mean but, the back looks like a cheap device Samsung would pull out for a quick buck loaded with the cheapest android, looks like i could kill someone if i throw it, looks like it will snap in half if it was put in the back pocket, the camera looks standard.

But one thing does really stamd out, the screen area looks elegent.

Keep up the good work tho

11. Raj says:

Not to be rude but this looks really bad for me. I wouldnt feel right holding it. It is just too squarish.. It would be extremly uncomofortable to put in pocket. I am just glad it’s just concept.

12. Javier Natalio says:

Why don’t people try to be original? All we have in our heads nowadays are rectangles. Reminds me of the RAZR days when everybody wanted a flip phone, otherwise it was crap. You know that other blog entry here, with the WP8 fake with the 5700 twisting camera? Ugly as sin, but REFRESHING. Please try to think outside of the rectangular box people!