Video: #N9Hacks: GUI for Multiboot

| September 11, 2012 | 14 Replies

This is something I had been waiting for since the N9 got dual-booting abilities (and then multi-boot). It is still an early version, but the GUI is apparently easily customisable. We may see some amazing and polished dual/multi-boot solutions. I preferred having a boot image for NitDroid, let alone an actual GUI where you can actually select the mode/OS to boot in.

The N9′s hacking scene is shaping up nicely now. If only a CSSU could happen, I think it would be the hacker’s dream, almost as much as the N900.

The current implementation is set up for Harmattan, NitDroid and SSHD connection. Take a look at the video below.

To find out more, there is a thread on TMO you can check out. Just click to source link.

Source: TMO

Category: Maemo, MeeGo, N9 Hacks, Nseries, Video

Hi! My name is Michael. Like the others, I'm also a Student, living here in Sydney. I have a real passion for the latest technology and I'm a real Nokia buff! My aim is to keep those of you, like myself, updated with the latest in what's going on in the Nokia World. Currently sporting N9 & Lumia 820, with other Nokia devices in my posession. Get in touch on Twitter via @MFaroTusino, Google Plus or even simply drop me an email at mike.mnb[at]outlook.com or tips[at]mynokiablog.com

1. Alee says:

i got one from nitdroid forums, its got arrows and it highlights the chosen option, upper arrow with the droid and down arrow with MeeGo bots. once chosen the other option becomes black n white, very neat IMHO.

2. anonymous says:

The only problem of NITDroid, apart from the understandable lack of calling capability and such bugs, is that it nukes the battery more efficiently than the Tsar Bomba. The current dual-boot kernel keeps respawning 2 processes at 10-second intervals. And with the simple ‘sleep 10′ command it’s not that battery-effective. :-S

3. Saxon says:

Thanks Michael for pointing these sort of things out, very much appreciated!

4. fazilmmm says:

kwel!! great one..
    i own n N900 , N8 and N9 black 16Gb, badly am looking for a white N9 64Gb any one knows from where i can get that unicorn??? or any1 ready to sell it..?? plz reply.. and what about the availability of N950??
    mailme: emailfasil@gmail.com

keep going..thanx for the post.

5. Repuestos says:

Thanks Michael for pointing these sort of things out, very much appreciated!

6. Baraa says:

Hello,
    Mr. Michael, I am so impressed with what your doing.
    I`ve been trying to run this platform on my nokia n9, however, unfortunately, it does not work with me. Could you please help me?

7. If I were to give my kids an example of a properly written informational article, yours would be it. Your content is interesting and well-written.