Nokia Lumia 920 Cartoon – What to do to get attention?

| September 18, 2012 | 25 Replies

Here’s another funny look at the Nokia Lumia 920. This one is a cartoon which BEN left as a comment on the spoof video post.

You can find the original at the link:

As awesome as the Nokia Lumia 920 is, we want to know, when is it going to be available for us consumers eh? :)

Cheers BEN for the tip!

Category: Nokia

1. Mark says:

LOL! So true!

2. viktor von d. says:

Nobody made this much fuss when the galaxy s3 was announced, or the one series or the current xperia line. But when nokia didn’t announced availability all hell broke loose. This is a double standard. People like to put nokia down,jut like they did with both pureview announcements

• mr.leo says:

agree with the comparison. With the putting down thing, I think that could be taken as part of being on a higher level. It goes to say that you cannot put someone down unless he is on top…

• Dave says:

The difference is that Nokia have a history of not giving dates, or when they do give vague dates, those dates tend to slip.

I’m intrigued by the 920, but with Apple being solid on the issuing of release dates (for almost everything), peoples minds can very easily be swayed.

• yasu says:

@viktor von d.

The current narrative, true or not, is that, for a set of reasons, the 920 is Nokia’s last stand.

The lack of details about availability or price of the savior device just adds to the drama.

• migo says:

The put downs come from Nokia ‘fans’ who are butthurt about Symbian getting axed. That’s the only reason Nokia is getting shat on.

3. qromodynmc says:

really.. Nokia dying just because making everything slowly..

4. mr.leo says:

it’s a pushing message. come on nokia move the queen, the battlefield has been set, now it’s your turn.

5. Antti says:

Well, I haven’t seen the iPhone…yet.

6. Peter L says:

Lumina?

• Muerte says:

I hate it when people are calling these devices “Luminas”. As it is in this cartoon; if you are able to spend the time to create a cartoon out of some product, at least learn to spell the name of the product.

InPhone? Samsung Ganaxy?

• DesR85 says:

Agreed. The Lumia phones have been advertised a lot in the US for quite a while. I’m sure people by now will get names correct.

If you ask me, the author poking fun of the Lumia 920 also make himself look ill-informed because of that.

• migo says:

It’s more a poor branding choice on Nokia’s part. It’s what they’ve got and they have to stick with it, but they should have got some focus groups going seeing if people would even get it right (probably didn’t occur to them though).

• paulysworld says:

Perhaps this is an American cartoon? Many American folks have mistakenly referred to the Lumia as the Lumina, I believe the name confusion/mistake is mostly attributed to a car made by GM in the late 80′s early 90′s, the Chevrolet Lumina.

• efekt says:

LOL! you’re right!

7. noki says:

Microsoft fault this time.

8. ma.nokia says:

nokia is the only one at fault here,
    ms has already given launch dates for the official release of w8 and wp8 but nokia has said nothing about when the 920/820 will be released.

• Svenkka says:

I know the release date of Windows 8 but I haven’t heard of WP8 date. Please share the date and link to the source. Sorry for my ignorance.

• ms.nokia says:

Windows 8 Release Date – 26th October
        WP8 press reveal – 29th October
        Build conference – 30th October.
        lumia 820/920 – ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

9. Mr.Nokia says:

Go To Hell Moron !
    You Suck
    Screw Off Girly Boy
    Nokia Lumia 920 Getting Fans More Than iSuck 5
    Go To Hell You And All Stupid Morons That See That This Is Funny
    Not Funny At All

10. Rain says:

Haha, it WAS true :) Now we all know things have changed and Nokia will be shipping Lumia 920 to most of the countries, yeeeei :)