Weekend Watch: Fishing with Nokia Lumia 920 ( 720p OIS sample)

| November 25, 2012 | 10 Replies

More aquatic fun with the Nokia Lumia 920, this time on a boat, catching some fish.

It’s quite an interesting video. When they put back the fish and it’s flopped on its back, I thought it was dead. But they calmly mentioned it was just in shock and needed to be put upright, and off the fish swam.

I’m guessing this is all handheld, no tripod.

by

Category: PureView

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Changing with the Seasons – Summer Fishing Patterns | November 26, 2012
  1. Ali Abdulla says:

boat riding the waves, best example to demonstrate OIS capabilities

the guy did a good job, and that audio, altho mono, was great :)

2. B.Srikanth says:

Nice friends with great phone camera.

3. twig says:

That’s better than some of professional fishing programs on t.v., very nice job.

4. Chris says:

It’s not nauseating like every other smartphone video! Even the handheld 808 videos make me wants to barf, like those concert videos. Sadly I do have a mild case of motion sickness.

5. Matt says:

Since 2005 I’ve insisted on only taking my phone on our family holidays to use instead of a dedicated camera. Through the 6680, N95, N97, N8 and now 808 we’ve all been pleased with the images.

The only drawback was that videos never looked great. Even now with the 808 it’s hard to get decent footage that you want to watch; it’s always too shaky.

So, as soon as the 920 is available unlocked in the UK I’ll be picking one up.

Of course my wife will complain that I’m spending more money on gadets but hey, she has a £400 handbag!

6. Rafaelinux says:

I don’t know if it’s the bitrate or what, but the video looks horribly smeared..

7. polo ralph lauren slippers