Lumia 920 & 820 Pre-Orders in Malaysia Now Open; ($654 & $523)

| December 7, 2012 | 23 Replies

Nokia Malaysia’s Facebook page has just announced that starting tomorrow, both the Lumia 920 and 820 will be available to Pre-Order. The 920 is listed at RM1,999 ($654) and the 820 for RM1,599 ($523), unfortunately though there was no mention of when they will be available/delivered, but pre-orders are a good sign of progress, right?

Edit: one of our readers mentions that he stopped by the Nokia store in Malaysia, where they listed the arrival/sale date as December 20th; so not much more to wait guys.

Nokia Malaysia FB

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. Hung nguyen says:

It’s late. We in vietnam can preorder lumia 920 since last month and nokia will deliver the phones by 20/12.

2. lumia 800 says:

assalamualaikum. i’m from Malaysia.

i just dropped by nokia store today. i ask for them for the availability date, and it is on december 20th, for RM 1899 at my place.

gotta check them real soon. all hail to the king of smartphones! :D

• DesR85 says:

Read about the news on The Star newspaper. Was kind of expecting a 2013 release instead of this month. Pretty quick if you ask me.

Anyway, can’t wait to play around with the demo unit when the time comes. ;)

3. Rags says:

Both phones ship on 21 December, from Nokia as well as the different carriers supporting it.

• DesR85 says:

I saw that in the news yesterday as well, but the strange thing is that only Digi is advertising the Lumia 920 and 820 pre-orders. The most I see from both Maxis and Celcom, including Digi, is the iPhone 5 pre-order page.

• rollakid says:

I asked U mobile, they say they need to get back to me later.

Will hunt around in Penang later, sad thing is most store employees don’t even know the launch date. I remember when the 808 was launched and I went asking for it, they told me the phone wasn’t launched in Malaysia yet!

I’ll be back in a few hours…

• DesR85 says:

“I asked U mobile, they say they need to get back to me later.

Speaking of Digi, colleague of mine went to a digi store. They don’t even know what’s a Lumia 920!”

Unfortunately, I’m from Miri, so no U Mobile branch here.

As for DiGi, I also receive the same reaction at the Miri branch and one staff thought my Lumia 800 was an N9 when I went there to request for a micro-SIM card.

• rollakid says:

x____x prime minister is in town, I was trapped in traffic for 3 hours.

I’m a Sarawakian too, just working here.

They told me they do not know what date they will actually get it nor they know how many unit or what colour they will get as well. It should come before Christmas but could take up to a month.

I put my name down, they’ll call if they get a Red one, I’m there’s less than 10 names on the list though. Will check out another store tomorrow. I was told there could be as little as 20 unit for this area :(

4. ruhi says:

Well

Any Idea when will it be available in India ?? and any info about the price in here ??

5. Naveed says:

In australia it is $829, in Malaysia it is $654 !!

What might be the reason for this much difference in price ??

6. chard says:

i’m from indonesia.
    Both of those phone launched here on december 4th. Few days ago.
    And the pre order has just begun on dec 5th. And it’ll be available on dec 22nd.

In indonesia, 920 just about $550. And 820 at $400.
    Its price just in pre order. Normal price, 920 and 820 are $700 and $550.

7. Carbontubby says:

Just $100 US difference between the 820 and 920? That makes the 920 a bargain and the 820 overpriced. I would have thought there would be a larger difference, seeing the 820 is supposed to be a budget device.

8. nusantara says:

OH DANG!!!! 654?!! baah nvm, goin to rush to courts mammoth once courts begin promo this sexy phone

9. izian says:

hey.. is there any cyan colour be sold in malaysia?? or it just in US?

10. I bought a Lumia 920 and all I can say this is a very good smartphone with the potential to replace a compact digtal camera in the near future. No regrets, windows phone 8 will only get better as time goes by.

11. Augustina says:

It also has a vinyl outer cover that is long-lasting as well.
    6) When throwing power punches, always punch THROUGH your target.
    He is the embodiment of the American Dream, in which
    the lowliest of individuals rise to the top by their own initiative and perseverance.

12. A Costa Rica Vacation RentalsWe will offer it on the internet to attract vacationers.
    You need to be considered, before making your final plans.
    Say you are planning a trip to the Sunshine Coast is just heating up.

All this, without removing yourself from the beach for hours, and you will
    be able to see pictures of the home and its environs offer that
    would make it a very enjoyable and memorable occasion.
    They vacation rentals also do not have to cook, clean or do the dishes.