Video: Whatsapp for WP8 Vs. Wp7 Version

| December 15, 2012 | 18 Replies

Whatsapp

Whatsapp is finally back on the market for WP8 devices, the developers had promised an application that was 6X faster than the WP 7 version, so is it?

The app itself is definitely much faster, I don’t know if this is due to WP8 being faster in general, or the folks over at whatsapp doing some tweaking; either way its great. However it still is missing the large tile size (double tile) as well as notification support on lockscreen, which honestly is a must now. Also as noted the Emojii have been removed from this version, although it could be making way for the improved emojii promised in a future update.

In case you can’t find it in the store you might have better luck scanning the QR code below:

Category: Applications, Lumia, Nokia, Video, Windows Phone

1. Patata says:

Is this a different version or just 2.8.10, the one that is available for wp7 too?

2. Andre C says:

“The app itself is definitely much faster, I don’t know if this is due to WP8 being faster in general, or the folks over at whatsapp doing some tweaking”

Well, apparently WP8 optimized apps start faster than WP7.

“Typically Windows Phone 8 apps start very quickly and a splash screen is not necessary.”

3. rishabh says:

i heard that windows phone 8 apps are saved precompiled on the device which is why they pop up so fast.

4. Frankie says:

Obviously is faster: dual core 1.5ghz vs single core. I made the test between my lumia 800 and my lumia 920, in the lumia 800 is still slow and crappy.

• Harangue says:

Exactly, better yet. Dual core, newer design cores and optimized lithography all contribute to it. Same with all the people saying with each WA version that comes out; ‘it starts up faster’ No it doesn’t. Version 1.0 started in 3-5 secs and the 2.8.10 version I have now does it in equal time.

5. Simo says:

The WP7.5 version (even the previous WP8 version before it was removed from the marketplace) didn’t have any limitations on what kind of photos you can attach. But this latest WP8 version does not let you attach photos from your Screenshots album.

6. flava says:

I wonder if is it really that hard to create an optimized app for WP?
    Any WP devs here? As an average user i’m interested to know :)

7. Agustin says:

does anyone know which app is the one right below the Whatsapp Tile? it looks like a facebook messenger app..

• Aliqudsi says:

It’s the normal Facebook tile, but you can pin the messenger part of Facebook alone by opening the inbox through the normal app and hitting the pin button at the bottom

8. Vigilante says:

How do I attach videos already in my phone on whatsapp in wp8? If I try to attach a video it starts making a new one??

I can easily attach old videos in my phone on iOS??

• Ali says:

i’m facing the same problem with whatsup in wp8 also the problem for attaching audio it will start to record a new one is there a way or update fixing that.

9. Clapton says:

mee to..got same problem to attach WP8 old video in whatsapp..
    anyone can help..?

10. wp8 user says:

I also have that problem, the one with sending old videos to whatsapp, how do you do that?

11. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to offer one thing again and aid others like you
    aided me.

Feel free to visit my web-site Irvine Water Damage

12. We’re giving out 15 bitcoins for the lucky bastard of
    a blogging site owner with the particular prize discount code.

The results is normally out in One month time. Your own prize code is:
    XFOCI1