First iPhone 5S/6 Mock-Up Concept Looks Like a Blatant Lumia Rip-Off

| January 6, 2013 | 25 Replies

iPhone-6-642x481At first when I saw this picture I thought “who on earth tried photoshopping MacOS onto one of our DreamNokia designs , turns out this is one designers concept of what the iPhone 6 should look like (stress on the fact that it’s a fan made design and probably not official). Still this design above looks WAY too much like some of our very own fan made concepts; and it sorta hurts looking at it like this; especially since if this was a real iPhone product all would hail it as the greatest design of all time.

Iphone6-004

Iphone-6-concept-2

Does this look familiar?

That would be My Dream Nokia #70: Titanium Nokia Lumia FX800 the titanium bodied beauty that I would kill for… (plus I would kill for a large whatsapp tile too)

So I think it’s safe to assume that if by some miracle the next iPhone ended up looking anything close to this, then Nokia has a VERY good case to say the least.

And if that wasn’t bad enough according to BGR the iPhone 5s/6 will come in a bunch of flashy colors; seeing how popular they’ve become now (first Nokia, then HTC, then Samsung with its poor taste in colors and now Apple?)

*note: I’m not crazy enough to say that Nokia owns the right to all colorful phones and curved designs, but it would be nice to see some more appreciation for the beauty in the Lumia/Fabula design, that is all.

iPhone 5S Release Date

Via

Category: Android, aPPLE, Lumia, MeeGo, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. Omar-BHR says:

ITS A CONCEPT soooIT MIGHT NOT BE THE REAL DEAL .

2. Simon Tony Haslwanter says:

Ooooh there is way too much similarity! I hope Apple is intelligent enough that they don’t just copy the awesome Nokia Lumia design :)!

3. Zizou says:

This shows how an isheep has fallen for lumia designs..

4. stylinred says:

so is that simply a My Dream Iphone6? aka a user concept? who cares about what it looks like

5. Ere oli aliarvostettu says:

Where is the home button?

Leaving out the home button would probably make a phone less enjoyable to use.

It seems that Nokia users are extremely interested in iPhone. In a way this is a good sign because Nokia is making Asha phones and those are balanced low end phones.

6. aleci15 says:

An article bashing Apple of how a concept iphone design “copied” a concept lumia design. @_@

Where is the sanity there?

7. erzhik says:

We all know that next iPhone will look exactly the same as iPhone 5.

• JGrove303 says:

I would agree, except so much hate came down on the iPhone5 by iPhone users. Disaster maps solution, “We added a row of icons, DERP!” increase in screen size, still an unconventional resolution, very short anodize jobs and a change on connection type that screws every previous iOS user out of every wired accessory (unless you buy the poor fitting $40 adaptor). That’s all on top of tired-ass looking iOS6 that has evolved much aesthetically or function wise (though features have been added- since 2007.

Now, I know this is a concept, that does look 90% the same as the Titanium Lumia concept. Hack job. Come up with your own designs, iPhone concept designer!

No home button? About time.

However, if iOS went OSX like in ability and compatability……I think Apple will have officially gotten their act together and Microsoft had best get on the ball and het WP and RT blended with W8 mixed in more quantity.

If that went down, Android to coin Full Metal Jacket, ” Would be in a world of shit.”

• Ere oli aliarvostettu says:

That kind of hate comes mostly from users not using the iPhone. It’s strange how people not using Apple’s products are so interested about them.

Resolution in one matter, that’s very hard to understand, why it’s a problem for someone. Yes, iPhone could have more resolution, but for most people that’s enough. If you mean that the resolution is not same as it’s on television, then it’s extremely hard to understand what’s the problem.

Adding one row of icons is hardly a big problem. Making the screen bigger may make the device less usable for some people, but if that’s the case, there is always the iPhone 4S.

Yes, home button is extremely elegant solution. I don’t want to use UI like the one in N9. It’s just not as straightforward as the one in iPhone. N9 had some problems no one really explained, how those are resolved. Fruit Ninja is a good example of a game that’s just not very usable with swipe UI.

• jomama says:

Perhaps Microsoft Word would have caught all your run-on sentences. Oh, and many Lumia owners switched from the iPhone.

8. James Scott says:

Some say the copying is the finest forma of flattery, the artist that did these renderings obviously knows fine art when he sees it so he wishes his Iphone looked like a Lumia, cannot blame him for that.

9. Deep Space Bar says:

so what aee you bitching about….

10. Dark knight says:

Ibitch

11. Sam says:

Why would iphone(which is selling like hot cakes) want to look like something which is barely selling?

• Ere oli aliarvostettu says:

Well. Hard to say.

Maybe because Lumia was designed by Marko Ahtisaari?

It is said that Marko Ahtisaari is Nokia’s Steve Jobs.

12. vince says:

looks nice though…if that was the next lumia (and it had a microsd slot)id seriously consider buying a windows phone

13. Christina says:

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up.

The text in your content seem to be running off
    the screen in Opera. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with
    browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know.
    The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon.
    Many thanks

14. asima says:

this is the superb blog..!!!
    I like this..!!sony mobiles