Official Speedtest App Finally Available for Windows Phone 8 (Only)

| January 15, 2013 | 13 Replies

7693de18-0a6e-4e28-9510-401a6ac3aafbThe official Speedtest app for WP8 has finally landed in the marketplace, and is free to download from the store.

Use Speedtest.net for easy, one-tap connection testing in under 30 seconds—accurate anywhere thanks to our global network.

• Millions of users have made Speedtest.net the #1 app for testing internet speeds, and it’s trusted by the professionals like Anandtech, Engadget, and the BBC and New York Times!
  • Discover your Download, Upload, and Ping
  • Real-time graphs show connection consistency
  • Troubleshoot or verify the speed you were promised
  • Track past tests with detailed reporting
  • Easily share your results

Michael: You can get the app by clicking below. Doesn’t seem to show up when manually searched for (at least on my Lumia 820)

Category: Applications, Nokia, Windows Phone

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Speedtest.net disponível para WP8 | January 17, 2013
  1. rollakid says:

Hmm… something wrong with the page formatting? I thought IE10 on my phone messed up the page but it seems like it’s the same on my PC…

2. stylinred says:

oh cool

3. rollakid says:

I have issue searching it in my country’s store :(

It’s available if I use en-us store and then switch to my country but I can’t do direct search. I end up changing phone’s region to USA to get this and then switch back…

4. JGrove303 says:

Finally! Just down loaded it, did a test. Works perfect.

now I have confirmation something screwed up with LTE in Los Angeles County. I’m only getting 0.754Mbps download, buy 5.0+ Mbps upload.
    Fix it, AT&T

• Hypnopottamus says:

I only have a Lumia 900 (WP7) and use an app called “my speed test”. In San Diego I get 5.639Mbps download and 1.379Mbps upload. While these aren’t spectacular speeds for LTE, they’re pretty decent. Hope AT&T fixes the issues in LA.

• mpw says:

Interesting: Here in London LTE is just available but I’ve stayed with o2 (mobile provider) and their 3G+ service (which I have unlimited data & minutes for £20 per month) and I ran Speedtest yesterday on my Lumia 920 (unlocked and SIM-free). Stats are: Download 10.00 Mbps; Upload 1.06 Mbps. Given this data why do I need ‘slow’ LTE and at a greater monthly cost?

It would be interesting to see what other people are getting.

5. Matias says:

“…Available for Windows Phone…” OH YAYYY! “…8. Only.” Baww.

• Leo oli aliarvostettu says:

It seems that WP is starting to gain some real application support.

It’s very hard to believe that Nokia would have this much applications if they had continued with MeeGo and Symbian. After all, there were no Qt applications to be ported. On the other hand making a WP version is not that hard compared to a Qt version.

Actually some games can be ported from iOS to WP8 with small (really) amount of additional coding. This is great news for those people waiting for more games. It’s also quite sensible to design new a game you can run both on iOS and WP8.