Nokia EOS Leaks; Packs a Huge Camera Bump

| June 5, 2013 | 221 Replies

WPDang_EOS-12

It seems we might have the first leak of the long awaited Nokia EOS; the next camera king; the body appears to have the same design of the Lumia 920, except with a huge gaping hole in the back for the camera module (which has a bump!).

WPDang_EOS-21

The phone uses the same polycarbonate material as the rest of the Lumia range, but appears to use some sort of plastic for the lens cap/cover? It also appears to support wireless charging through a clip on case, like the 720 and 925.

As a reminder the phone is rumored to have a 41 Mp sensor, Xenon flash + LED, OIS, and possibly even variable aperture.

According to the source the phone is slotted for a July 9th launch (probably on At&t at first, followed worldwide in a month or two)

WPDang_EOS-4

Check out a couple more pics at the source:

Update: Here’s a render of what the back might look like (thanks whoever posted this, I can’t seem to find the comment anymore)-

qAmrCwf

Tags:

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Nokia EOS: Windows Phone zeigt sich auf ersten Fotos | June 5, 2013
  2. Nokia EOS: ecco le prime presunte foto live del cameraphone | June 5, 2013
  3. REČI: Unikla podoba pripravovanej Nokie EOS! | Windows Phone Zone | June 5, 2013
  4. Nokia EOS 41-megapixel PureView hardware photos leak? | Pocketnow | June 5, 2013
  5. Nokia EOS photos leak, uses Lumia 920 polycarbonate body | Digital Gadget dan Selular | June 5, 2013
  6. پروژه EOS؛ یک لومیا با دوربین 41 مگاپیکسلی. - صفحه 2 | June 5, 2013
  7. Finalmente le prime immagini “rubate” del Nokia EOS? | Flabbertech | June 5, 2013
  8. Finalmente le prime immagini “rubate” del Nokia EOS? | Frog In The Box | June 5, 2013
  9. Nokia EOS photos leak, uses Lumia 920 polycarbonate body | Blog | June 5, 2013
  10. Is this the first glimpse of the fabled Nokia EOS? | Online Business Cafe | June 5, 2013
  11. Nokia EOS, ¿eres tú? ← Tecnología & Internet | June 5, 2013
  12. Mobile Tweaks | Nokia Lumia EOS photos leaked | June 5, 2013
  13. Emergen fotos del smartphone Nokia EOS con cámara de 41MP | June 5, 2013
  14. Pictures of Nokia EOS/41 MP PureView Lumia leaks – Revolution is coming ! | NokiaTheOne | June 6, 2013
  15. Imágenes del posible Nokia EOS - Novedades | June 6, 2013
  16. Nuevo Nokia PureView 'filtró' - PYSN Noticias | PYSN Noticias | June 6, 2013
  17. Nokia Lumia EOS finally seen, the 41MP Windows Phone - YugaTech | Philippines, Tech News & Reviews | June 6, 2013
  18. Imágenes de lo que podría ser el nuevo Nokia Lumia EOS, la cámara con teléfono | suenarticulo | June 6, 2013
  19. Imágenes de lo que podría ser el nuevo Nokia Lumia EOS, la cámara con teléfono | Noticia Libre | June 6, 2013
  20. REČI: Unikla podoba pripravovanej Nokie EOS! (DOPLNENÉ!) | Windows Phone Zone | June 6, 2013
  21. Updated: iPhone 6 release date, news and rumours - Discussinet | June 6, 2013
  22. Nokia Lumia EOS finally seen, the 41MP Windows Phone | Technophile World all about smart-phones , new gadgets, and consumer technology | June 7, 2013
  1. Carbontubby says:

EOS? THey need a better name than that. Isn’t that a trademark by Canon?

• rafaelinux says:

It’s a codename, just like Catwalk and Laser

• Rob says:

It’s an internal product name, you numpty – just like the Lumia 925 was called the Catwalk internally before released. There aren’t many, if any, smartphone manufactures who call their devices by their final names whilst still in developent/prior to release.

• Philip Belosa says:

Troll inc?

2. Janne says:

OK, I’ll go ahead and say it – that looks borderline ridiculous… :)

• SLAYER says:

agree. that circle thingy looks hideous.

• Janne says:

I expect the final version looking a little more refined though. This isn’t the first time a prototype looks worse than the final.

Upside is, that form-factor certainly looks slimmer than 808, so that should be good. 808 is quite bulky due to its bump.

• xconomicron says:

Why did they make the circle so big? Is that for lenses or something?

• Viipottaja says:

Perhaps there is indeed an extra chip for processing the pics, plus of course the capacitor. The innards of the 808 might also provide more clues.

• stylinred says:

I think they may be setting it up to accept camera accessories like filter lenses Tec I could be wrong though because it may be too small to accept the majority of lens filters

• Sweet 16 says:

I think they wanted to show an in-your-face-this-is-a-powerful-camera-smartphone camera module. I actually find the design very beautiful.

3. Peter L says:

Close enough.

4. hwdang says:

it is fake.

5. adriano says:

Wow, the sim tray seems wider than the one in my 920, Memory card also?? 😊

• Al says:

Hope so. Being stuck with 16g or 32g on a creative device is suicide.

• anonymous says:

A larger battery than 920 and microSD would go a long way to make up for the screen resolution. I don’t mind the design. Because what’s a remarkable camera good for if you haven’t got juice or memory enough?

6. Sue says:

It should be called nokia lumia 941

7. Andreas says:

I really hope the camera module is NOT round.. It looks ridiculous. I prefer the rectangular look of N8 or 808.

8. Anssi says:

I find it hard to believe that the lens cap/cover would actually look like that in the final product. Thus I hope the hump will be a bit thinner. Maybe the hole is too big for the similar approach as in 925 where there is no additional hump over the back plate but maybe something in line with 808…

9. phreak says:

I wonder if it will have a shutter open release type thing that the N95 had? If so I don’t think I’d hate it. But it’s got to be a true global phone Penta band for all GSM frequencies. LTE would be nice but global Penta is a must.

10. JGrove303 says:

If that lens plate is all Zirc Ceramic and it mounts the camera modual and the flashes, that’s cool with me.

11. Edgar Mkrtchyan says:

I do not like this design, I wanted the aluminum, and a larger battery, given the scale the battery is probably the same as in the 920 …
    with the same screen, the same processor etc.

12. edi_opteron says:

Even with this huge sensor, Nokia can no more attract me to it’s products when they run WinPhone8. The Nokia side of the device is all great. Build-quality, Durability, Camera, Screen and so on but when it comes to OS, meh, I won’t buy it.
    Decision has been made … I’ll buy Jolla. Although my country is not listed in the supported regions, But I can not overlook MeeGo and switch into the Crippled WP.
    People who used N9 agree with me.

• Janne says:

Here’s one N9 user who doesn’t agree. I used N9 from launch day and was an even greater N900 fan.

That said, I wish Jolla well. I will certainly support their product at some point.

• edi_opteron says:

You wish Jolla all good because you know how amazing MeeGo is.
        Surely Jolla is not Nokia!The love toward Nokia remains in our hearts but I stay conservative against WinPhone! such a plain low IQ OS. I think Sailfish will satisfy the demands even though Jolla does not sport a 41 MP Carl-Ziess or the iconic Durability of the EOS… I hope you get the point

• Janne says:

I wish Jolla all the best for the same reason I wish Nokia all the best, I’m Finnish. And I will buy to support.

MeeGo, actually, doesn’t interest me that much. Maemo was better, MeeGo lost that “desktop in a pocket” feeling.

Now, N900. That was great. It had a camera hump too! ;)

• theflew says:

I think you mistake a well architected OS with low IQ OS. It’s easy to architect a complex mess – see Android, Maemo, etc… As an owner of the 770, N800, N810, N900 I can tell you in the end they do nothing better than WP8. Sure they had excellent multitasking, but why would 99% of the population be multitasking on their phone. Most users don’t multitask on their desktops. Sure you could go down to a command prompt. Once again limited use to the general public. There were custom ROMs – great when they didn’t drain your battery or cause random reboots.

So you’re really left with cosmetic customization which WP8 lacks, but the whole phone is truly customized to you. Yes, it doesn’t have some new icon set, font or live wall paper, but instead it has the information you care about. My Nokia 920 is very different from my wife’s Focus S. Not because of some cosmetic change, but the very information I chose to value over her.

• twig says:

I hardly use my N9 anymore but can understand you liking it. I also think more of what you like about it is coming to Win Phone if the merge of Windows and WP is correct.

13. Ammad says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUGLY

14. BellGo says:

Yeah, that thing looks hidious.

15. Johan says:

It looks sexy.

16. john says:

me im waiting for nokia phone with p2i and wysips soolar power im praying that this is the one i could care less about 1080 p and anything above a quad core on my phone.

17. torcida says:

WOOW!!!!

“41 Mp sensor, Xenon flash + LED, OIS, and possibly even variable aperture.”

That would be sooo awesome and at once the new CAM-KING!!

18. jhde says:

808 looks better!

19. bogdo says:

I hope it comes in white, already got a black 920. I think the design is good, also very modern which suits the WIN8 design language well.

20. Brian says:

very ugly

21. LaW says:

Dam why so much space around phone, if it has space like the 925 would be so sexy.

However wanted to know will this phone have OIS that the 9 series lumias have and Losseless zoom due to 41mp/36mp pictures taken?

also what u all think the thickness is at hump going off the comparison above? 15mm?

22. Nathan Jhonson says:

I’ve just read all Microsoft servers, so including cloud, are officially searched by PRISM the secret service’s soft. Does it mean anything I have, any picture or my contacts are officially or unofficially searched by 3rd party? I was assured my data in my Nokia are just my and for nobody else! What is real practise in this area? I have naked pics of my girlfriend with me always, well stored in the MS cloud via common service, and I don’t want anybody else to see it. Ever! Do you have any reliable knowledge about this?

• Drangons' Tear says:

DSB warned everyone about this…and they said he was a troll and it was the truth…….ALLL 100% of it

23. BlackBerry says:

24. It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to
    be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I
    desire to suggest you some interesting things or advice.
    Perhaps you could write next articles referring
    to this article. I want to read more things about it!