Here’s a surprise bombshell to liven up your day; Richard Yu, chairman of Huawei’s consumer group has mentioned that they are actively looking at the possibility of buying out Nokia. Although they haven’t made an offer to Nokia nor approached them with the idea, he said:
We are considering these sorts of acquisitions; maybe the combination has some synergies but depends on the willingness of Nokia. We are open-minded,
Of course the acquisition of Nokia by anyone would be an insane increase in assets, in the patent field alone; let alone their mobile and imaging expertise.
Also commenting on the position of Windows Phone in the marketplace (keep in mind that Huawei have a few of their own):
Whether Windows Phone [will be] successful is difficult to say – it has a very small market share. [Windows Phones] are weak but still require a licence fee. That’s not good. Android is free.”
I don’t see the deal happening, for obvious reasons; mainly that Nokia are just getting their feet under them once again, they wouldn’t give up now, would they?
Thanks everyone who sent this in.
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, my name's Ali- Currently a fifth (and final) year Dental Student from Chicago; studying in Jordan. I love all sorts of gadgets almost as much as I love my cookies! Be sure to follow my Twitter handle @AliQudsi and Subcribe to my Youtube for the latest videos - no pressure. Thanks.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Huawei talks possibility of acquiring Nokia | Pocketnow | June 18, 2013
- Huawei aperta all'idea di acquisire Nokia | June 18, 2013
- Huawei aperta allla possibilità di acquisire Nokia | Frog In The Box | June 18, 2013
- SaluteHuawei aperta allla possibilità di acquisire Nokia | Salute | June 18, 2013
- Huawei aperta allla possibilità di acquisire Nokia : NetItaly .info | June 18, 2013
- Huawei talks possibility of acquiring Nokia - SmartPhones | June 18, 2013
- 【Nokia】HuaweiがNokia買収を決意!? | GoGoSmartphoneBLOG | June 18, 2013
- Nowei! Huawei says they have NO plans to buy Nokia : My Nokia Blog | June 19, 2013
- Microsoft Was Talking With Nokia Regarding a Buyout, No More Though : My Nokia Blog | June 19, 2013
- Weekend Read: Why Microsoft Shouldn’t Acquire Nokia : My Nokia Blog | June 23, 2013