Lumia 1020 Vs. 920 Camera Comparison

| August 12, 2013 | 14 Replies

MNB-IMG_0284920-vs-1020A reddit user (djrbx) posted a quick gallery comparison of the Lumia 1020 and 920′s cameras. The 920′s camera has never been a slouch but compared to the 1020 it looks like any other phone. It’s interesting to see the white balance in default mode has been fixed (all previous Lumia’s had some serious white balance issues); but it seems that there might have been some overcorrection, where it carries a slightly yellow tint (or perhaps it’s all relative?).

Of course the white balance can be fully controlled through the Nokia Pro cam app (so perhaps the white balance on the 920 will also be fixed once we get it).

Check out the full sample gallery here:

Source

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. LOL says:

Lumia 920 camera really sux !! :(

2. Keith too says:

Wow the yellow cast on the 1020 shots for the 3rd and 4th sets is so bad I prefer the 920 on those shots. 1020 easily on the rest though. I think the 1020′s auto-mode needs some tweaking because it should do a far better job on pictures like the 3rd and 4th sets.

3. marcopolo says:

I am just wondering, what is after PureView phase 3. Shure there is lytro style, but would there be more megapixels, larger sensor.

4. nips says:

Once again I think the 1020 pictures look awful. The colors are way off. I prefer the 920 on all but the last.

5. chris wayne says:

Do you guys know when is GDR2 coming to 920′s in latinamerica?, i’m about to get a 920 and i’d like to know that.

• JGrove303 says:

Pfft…Central and South Americas’ guess is as good as North America’s, because we don’t have a release date either. For that matter, no one does, officially.

6. Douglas says:

Actually, the 1020 is getting the white balance completely wrong in those first few shots.

7. JGrove303 says:

Do you have to be on a desktop to see the full size images? I’m looking at the pictures on my Lumia 920, and other than color, the images have the same quality.

Oh, and if that troll LOL of still reading, I have this to say: F-U, buddy. The 920′s camera is a Hero. HERO. Changed the direction of mobile photography over night. Still lays down steadycam smoothie video, still out performs all the mainstream phones in low light. Shoot, son, I hardly use my flash. That’s right, my cat pictures are better then yerz. Mao Mao doesn’t squint, see?

8. Weirdfisher says:

The 1020 low light shots are not that impressive as i thought…

9. slightly better camera 920 has…

10. Gary Beaman says:

Loving the Pro Camera app on my 920. Even the video mode is improved with 1080p24, 1080p25 and 1080p30 along with the equivalent 720p options.

Photo image quality is a vast improvement also, like a totally new camera!