To any Symbian, Maemo or MeeGo-Harmattan user, NaviFirm was the best tool, for being able to install updated firmware for your Nokia device. Lumia owners then got to join in briefly, until the service was pulled earlier this year, when Nokia did some server side encryption and what not.
It seems, thanks to some rather persistent folk, the service has been restored, and is available in the form of NaviFirm + 2.0. The download is free, yet to use it, you need to donate a small amount (3 Euros), which will give you an account.
NaviFirm+ 2.0 Change-Log:
- New: NaviFirm+ automatically downloads and installs new updates
- New: Engine Rewritten from scratch
- New: Favourites Product Codes list
- Improved: trasfer speed! network communication is gzip-compressed
- Improved: caching policy is handled by the server, you don’t need to worry about cleaning the cache to get fresh results
- Improved: refuses to add duplicated files to the download queue
- Improved: minor GUI improvements
- Removed: ShowExtendedInfo and ServerIndex settings
- Known Issues: doesn’t support proxy. Proxy support will be added in next releases.
Cheers msullx for the tip!