Possible spec sheet for the Nokia Lumia 1520 – improved OIS/panorama, approx 160g

| October 14, 2013 | 40 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 08.02.42Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 08.02.42

Not quite sure where these additional camera details have come from (the other specs seem to be rumour round up  - e.g. wireless charging for global), reddit doesn’t seem to question it.

An interesting notion that the camera won’t be taking full 20mp shots like the 808 nor 1020 takes full 41mp due to the X sensor that doesn’t just ‘crop’ when switching between 16:9 and 4:3.

Improved OIS would be interesting to see what Nokia’s engineers have done over the 925/1020. Improved pano would be great as anything would frankly be better than the current implementation. The Nokia Camera app has been said to be the merger of Smart Cam and Pro Cam, a wish by some reviewers on the 1020 camera experience.

The MicroSD card was one of the first nice rumours we heard about the 1520 as well as the 1080p 6″ screen powered by a quadcore snapdragon 800 CPU and 3400mAh battery.

Hopefully, Nokia will present the 1520 amazingly like the 1020. Although the specsheet was completely revealed prior to launch, Nokia’s keynote was the most captivating that they’ve ever made and would be one to remember across the industry.

• 4G/LTE compatible
  • Size specs of 152 x 81 x 8.7 mm
  • 6 inch, 1920×1080 resolution AMOLED display, PureMotion HD+
  • Weight around 160 gm / 168 gm (AT&T / Global)
  • 20.7 MP Camera with Carl Zeiss optics, with improved Panorama and OIS.
  • Nokia Camera app with improved saturation settings
  • Dual-capture mode 5 MP and 16 MP images
  • Max usable sensor resolution 18 MP in 4:3 aspect ratio
  • 1.8X lossless zoom for still images, 4X for 720p capture
  • 2 Ghz MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 Quad-core processor, Adreno 330 GPU
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 32, 64 GB storage
  • MicroSD card  support
  • Nano Sim card
  • Black, White, Yellow colors to be available
  • Massive 3400 mAH Battery
  • 4 HAAC mics
  • Inbuilt wireless charging (Global variant)

NPU Via: Reddit

Category: Nokia

1. David says:

Looks more TALL than WIDE. Or am I wrong?

2. weirdfisher says:

I hope Nokia can release a Lumia 1025 with upgraded processors and screens and camera app before the ms aquisition

3. Alvester says:

Who’ll be presenting this phone I wonder.

4. box says:

I really hope Nokia gives this a strong start by having no carrier exclusives (at least for GSM). T-Mobile US has been the only US carrier to constantly offer a Nokia phone for the last decade.

• efekt says:

I don’t think Nokia is “there” yet, in terms of market-share, to be able to drop the carrier exclusives…
      Maybe if or when Nokia would grab 20%+ of the market, that’ll be possible.

5. oakpacific says:

A 6 inch phablet measuring 152*81*8.7 mm and weights only 160g? Seriously?

What rivals could possibly stand up against such a phone?

• Jomppa says:

No, if the size really is 152*82mm then the screen will be 5.7 inch. Bezels on all pics and renders are equivalent to this.

• Iki says:

That’s what I think too, because the Note 3 have a 5.7inc screen and is the same hight. When I see the small bezels on the Note 3 there’s no way that Nokia is gone squeeze a 6inc screen on 152mm body.

• arg0 says:

Indeed the device has comparable size to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. However, the leaked pictures suggest a wider bezel. I guess that’s a drawback of the fabula design and rounded device edges: although they make the device feel nicer in the hand, they increase overall width.

Moreover, there’s one leaked pic that shows it next to an iPhone 4S. By taking some rough measurements and making proportions, that picture suggests that the Lumia 1520 is about 89mm wide. Maybe that was a fake Lumia 1520, but I don’t hold my breath for the above specs.

6. JGrove303 says:

So the AT&T version doesn’t get Qi built in. Figures. AT&T hasn’t allowed headphones to be packed in a while either. It better be worth it, size , design and weight wise.

In my opinion the grill and hump look Huawei cheapo.

Also, that hand looks like it belongs to someone descendant from India or Pakastan. However its most likely shot in Abu Dhabi

• Ronit says:

Wow! You can predict the lineage of people just by looking at photos of body parts? You will soon make DNA tests obsolete

• Subashish says:

It’s amazing how in a blog on Nokia you managed to concentrate on something specified under eugenics. Hats off for noticing the finger and also running a tirade against Nokia’s design. If that looks cheap I bet you must be using one of those Sams*** trashboards with flimsy plastic matchbox externals.

7. hdb says:

Even if this debuts for the price of 1020, I am going for this for sure. Lumia 925, though very well priced, lost because no extra storage capacity.

8. torcida says:

Small tiny camera lens, big bump (OIS needs/eats some space)… I’m curious.

9. sbw44 says:

What’s the sensor size? ALso how man Haac mics does the 1020 have?

10. sbw44 says:

Also does WP support 60/120fps video recording?

11. Patata says:

Does such a huge phone really need a nano sim? Or is it just that MS / Nokia wan’t to copy Apple that badly?

12. manu says:

I feel really sad that a phone with such a brilliant hardware is gonna fail coz of that crappy os

13. Caesar says:

Actually I’m a bit confused about the AT&T and global variant ? Do both will have the same design, or the global will be thicker and without bump ?

And what about the 1320 then ? Is it gonna sport a 5″ screen or is it the global version of 1520 ? Those rumors are confusing.

14. Shane says:

@MNB/Anyone

Are these likely to be quite accurate (i.e. 90%+) specs, or way off? About to get a 1020 but now I’m not so sure… I don’t care about the much larger display, in fact, I’m not a fan of anything at 5.5″ or above, but everything else looks pretty good. Camera may not be as good overall, but if it’s close in most areas & better in 1-2, then that may be what tips me over. I guess I’ll just go ahead with the 1020, it’ll be many mth before it’s in Australia anyway, so I can always sell & upgrade, just a PIA!

15. Joe212 says:

As much as I would like to have a bigger screen, I don’t think I am ready to downgrade the camera from 1020…

16. Valuable information. Fortunate me I discovered your
    site unintentionally, and I’m surprised why this accident did nnot came about earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

Stoop by my weblog; youtube free downloader