Nokia Holding an April 2nd Event at build; lumia 930 and 630 expected

| March 25, 2014 | 28 Replies

save-the-date_feat

As we previously reported, Nokia will be announcing some devices at Microsoft’s very own build event next week. According to our source Nokia will announce both the Lumia 630 (Monneypenny) as well as the Lumia 930 (Martini), alongside Microsoft’s announcement of WP 8.1. As you can see in the .gif above we might also be ins tore from Mix radio and HERE related announcement, perhaps some new features to compliment WP 8.1.

Either way set your calendars to April 2nd and tune in for details!

(Some have pointed out the watchface in the .gif…. Dare we dream of a Nokia smartwatch?)

save-the-date_conversations_800x800px_v24Mar_forever2_repeat

Source

Category: Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

1. Jakub says:

Lol Lumia 920? ;D

2. Mohamed says:

“According to our source Nokia will announce both the Lumia 620″
    it’s 630**

3. xNokian says:

I am waiting for Lumia 666

4. xNokian says:

And I am ready to bet that a lot of people would appreciate Lumia 420

5. MNhut says:

I’m going to keep my 920 for another year since it’s still fine ! I’ll be waiting for the first true flagship from Microsoft and since the rumoured Nokia Golfinger won’t be announced this year (wpcentral), 2015 should be an exciting year for WP.

• Viipottaja says:

Fortunately the glass in my 920 is cracked so I have a great excuse to upgrade to the 930! :)

Pity if true on the Goldfinger being pushed to 2015. Hopefully there is something for the higher end, besides the 930, before that.

• MNhut says:

Haha x)
        An upgraded 1020 maybe ?

• Viipottaja says:

Yup, that would be an easy fix for Nokia to make – faster processor, perhaps stronger flash, 1080p screen and a SD slot.

• Viipottaja says:

Or slightly thinner profile/smaller bump if they could use a Xenon with one of those new flat capacitors.

• Simo says:

1.5 years is more than long enough to wait for an upgrade :D. I was actually considering a Lumia 1520 but it’s just too monstrous. If the 930 is indeed an international version of the Icon with the same specs (but not ugly), looks like it’ll be the upgrade for my yellow 920 which has served me as well as I could have hoped, including surviving multiple drops on concrete.

6. prashant says:

i feel that bbm will be launched.

• Viipottaja says:

Could be, but the messaging bubble could also relate to Skype (arguably more likely given the timing with the MS event) or even FB.

7. Simo says:

Anyone wanna take a crack at 930 specs? I miss getting that occasional bit of early info I used to share with you guys. It’s been a while.

I’d guess it’s the same as the Icon but with some slight improvements, namely a more trademark Lumia design and a Snapdragon 801. Hopefully a 5″ display like the Icon and nothing smaller.

• Viipottaja says:

Yes, almost certain to be almost 100% same specs as Icon. I even doubt its 801.

• Simo says:

I figured maybe there’s been a long enough gap for some specs to change slightly. What about design? Dear God I hope it won’t look like the Icon :-/. I think we’re looking at something more similar in aesthetics to the 1520. Perhaps even with a new (or at least extra) color option.

8. coop says:

1020 successor will come within the calendar 2014

9. Byrehar says:

cad, cad, cad! Where is the cad app, Autocad vs!!!

10. Simo says:

I’m reading all kinds of rumors regarding the 930 display size despite the consensus that its specs are a forgone conclusion. I’ve read everything from a 4.5″ display (most popular rumor) to 5″ (like the Icon) to 5.2″ as reported by Nokia Power User.

I’d like this to be my 920 upgrade, but I won’t be getting it if the display is less than 5″.

11. twig says:

What is the “globe”?? It’s not search is it?