Dear MNB Readers!
SURPRISE! GT 2: The Real Car Experience has been released on Windows Phone AND Windows seemingly out of nowhere! The game looks amazing, sounds amazing and plays amazingly well! Best of all, the game is free!
From the Windows Phone store description:
GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience is a true-to-life automotive journey featuring the most prestigious cars in the world!
LEADERSHIP: POSSIBLY THE BEST HANDHELD RACING SIMULATION
• The richest handheld racing simulation this year: 67 licensed cars on 13 tracks, including Laguna Seca.
• A superb collection of cars from over 30 manufacturers: Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari, Dodge, Nissan, Audi, Ford, and more.
• Test your driving skills by completing 1,400 events, including Classic Races, One on Ones, Knockouts and Overtakes.
AUTHENTICITY: A DEEPER DRIVING SENSATION
• The new physics model offers the most realistic car dynamics ever.
• Our tracks have different times of day and weather conditions.
• Race your way by choosing from among 4 different cameras, including a breathtaking interior view!
• No repair times or repair costs! We won’t make you wait or pay to race in an event again.
EXPERIENCE: ENJOY THE RIDE SOLO OR IN MULTIPLAYER
• Compete with your friends or with players from all over the world.
• New racer? Turn on Steering & Braking Assistance to get up to speed in a flash!
• Veteran driver? Tweak your performance in the garage with tons of custom options!
No game offers you a more realistic racing simulation than GT Racing 2.Advertisements
The game can be downloaded for free for all Windows Phone devices that have at least 1GB of RAM and are running Windows Phone 8 or 8.1 (that includes the Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers) or any Windows/Windows RT (running Windows 8 or newer) that has at least 2GB of RAM.
I am actually shocked at the quality of this port. This is one of the few games that actually is optimized for Windows Phone. The graphics have high polygon cars and environments, vast draw distances (the backgrounds do not pop in, you can see for miles), HIGH RESOLUTION TEXTURES and most importantly, a high frame rate. Somehow, Gameloft has put the 2 1/2 year old Adreno 225 GPU in the 1020 to good use as the game performs just as well as it does on my Snapdragon 800 Nexus 5.
Here is a quick demonstration of GT Racing 2 on my Windows 8.1 desktop computer:
I highly recommend GT Racing 2 if your device supports it. It is free and you can always uninstall it if you do not like it.
As always, thank you for choosing MyNokiaBlog,