Nokia’s brought about some more new changes for their Android Z-Launcher. This is the second big update and focuses mainly on performance. There are other improvements to design including new animations as well as improved contact search and web results.
- Performance improvements
- Speed improvements across the board!
- Faster startup
- Faster loading of apps, contacts, and websites on the homescreen
- Faster first-run performance, especially on lower-end devices
- Design enhancements
- New animations
- Going to homescreen, launching apps (we are still working on these, please let us know what you think in feedback)
- Improved contacts search and listing in Z Launcher, more consistency in preserving your preferences across Z Launcher updates
- Improved web search results
- Improvements to “Call…” and “Text…” actions
- Collapsing contacts so one person won’t take up two spots on your Home screen (so you won’t see “Call John” and “Text John” at the same time)
- More reliable creation of “Call” and “Text” for the people you connect with the most
- Reducing accidental app launch if you scribble too quickly
- And many more bug fixes to improve the reliability of Z Launcher
Cheers Alvester for the tip!