HERE for Android launched initially as an exclusive on Samsung. Now you can get it for other Android smartphones too.
Pino says they’ve learnt quite a bit from the feedback and are fixing some things based on that, including a cache cleaner that kept on deleting voice navigation.
HERE are some instructions on side loading to your Android phone:
Download using your Android smartphone:
- Tap on ‘Get the app now’.
- Confirm the download and choose the directory on your smartphone in which you’d like to store the apk file (e.g. “Downloads”).
- Open a file manager on your smartphone and tap the directory to which you downloaded HERE_beta_175.apk. If you do not yet have a file manager installed, you can go to the Google Play Store and install e.g. ES file explorer, Astro file manager orFile Expert.
- Tap HERE_beta_175.apk to start the installation.
- Your phone will ask you to allow the installation. To do that, go to Settings in your phone, then Security (which could also be under Settings > More Options). Then tick the “Unknown sources” box. This allows apps from sources other than the official app store to be installed on your phone.
- When the installation is finished, you can open the HERE app from the app drawer.
Cheers Viipottaja for the tip!