Jolla tweeted again about the latest update to Sailfish OS, and it’s called Aaslakkajärvi. There are quite a few new changes, features and bug fixes. The prominent ones are summarised below but the full changelog can be viewed here.
- Browser: private browsing mode is now available. Choose ‘Private browsing’ in the pulldown menu of the tab view of the browser.
- Email: search emails by keyword via the pulldown menu in Mail app
- Email: you can now select and mark multiple emails as read/unread
- Phone: view phone number of a contact in the call log via tap-and-hold on the call log entry.
- Memory: notification on file system getting full in Events view indicating that some data should be moved out from the phone. You can see a detailed view on the memory usage by tapping on the memory info in settings – system – about product.
- Better OS update handling: OS upgrade notifications update automatically in case there is a newer OS version available
- Better OS update handling: Filesystem optimizations prior to installing OS updates in the future.
— Jolla (@JollaHQ) June 15, 2015