If the wording is correct, according to Digitimes, there will be 4 more Nokia smartphones planned just for Q2-Q3 2017 alone on top of the (at least two?) expected for announcement at MWC.
- The four new models will have display sizes ranging from 5.0-5.7-inch at WQHD or Full HD resolutions
- panel suppliers will include LG Display, Century Technology (CTC) and Innolux
- FIH Mobile as production partner
They clarify that the first Nokia smartphone will simply be two variants, a mid and high range (both being D1C versus the higher end as P. Are one of them the E1 or is a different phone?). What they’re suggesting is that the difference isn’t really about ‘higher’ end but merely size:
- 200USD: 3GB of RAM and a 5.5-inch Full HD display.
- 150SD: 2GB RAM and a 5-inch Full HD display.
This might not be the announcement you’re waiting for. Some of you are probably looking at the flagship 5.7″ WQHD Nokia Android. But it might be a nice stop gap. It certainly would have made a better Christmas gift than a watch (ah, lesson learned).
Thanks Steven for the tip!