Yesterday I found out I was free to go to the WOMWorld meetup. For tonights get together, I thought I’d bring cake. A Nokia cake.
Important thing to do before decorating a cake. Make sure the icing can set!!!!
I’d like to call this Attempt 1, because it didn’t go down too well. I had a chocolately coloured icing that did set, and a darker one that didn’t. I should have gone for the cholocate one because the dark icing would not set! Not even when placed in the freezer! It’s like sculpting with lotion.
As a result, I couldn’t go into proper detail because the black layer just moved about too much. Any slightest accidental touch would completely trash previous markings. I kinda just gave up on it because I didn’t have time to sort it out – have to shower and get going to london in a mo!
Another thing to worry about, because the travel time is about 4 hours, I have to keep the cake in the freezer so it won’t completely melt into a sludge on the way. I’ve never frozen cake before so I don’t know if it will defrost properly. Plus, because I’m travelling, I had to maintain the base over the slide as it would have snapped off with any sudden movement.
Needless to say, WOMWORLD meetup attendees, there most likely might not be cake.
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Making an edible N900? Piece of cake… « WOMWorld/Nokia | January 7, 2010
- L’N900 vi ‘fa gola’? A chi lo dite! | Le notizie | January 7, 2010
- » Una torta a forma di Nokia N900 » Cellulari, Maemo, N900, Nokia, Prodotti, - MaemoWorld.it | January 14, 2010
- What on earth is happening Tomorrow on Thursday, 21st January 2010?! What’s Nokia/Ovi got cooking? | My Nokia Blog | January 19, 2010
- 101 best geek cakes | Digtal Camera Reviews - The Imagery Resource! | December 3, 2010