Here’s a really good alternative to the awesome SPORTS TRACKER app on Symbian. It’s all accelerometer based so there isn’t a GPS tracking side to it to calculate actual distances/speed (or show you your track path) but it’s good enough for basic monitoring. Isn’t there like a recommended 10,000 step minimum?
It’s free to download from the App Manager:
This app sits on your homescreen (no starter icon in menu), and you can leave it running in the background to calculate:
- Time widget has been running
- Number of steps
- (estimated to your height/weight) calories burned
- (estimated to your height/weight) distance traveled (not using GPS)
- (estimated to your height/weight) average speed
- Steps per day
- Stats all time (Compare the number of steps you’ve covered today with the number of steps you’ve done since using the widget.)
To start the widget, press the play button. It’ll begin recording and you can leave it running in the background whilst you do other things. You can stop the widget to stop recording and press play again later to begin a new session. All sessions get added to “all time”
This is the default view of the widget in the homescreen. You can change the appearance by only showing certain details, i.e. hiding graph/all time etc. See below in settings.
The graph can display other information when you click it other than Steps per day
- Day – Steps/Calories/Distance/Average Speed
- Week – Steps/Calories/Distance/Average Speed
- So the widget can more accurately calculate calories burned
- So the widget can more accurately calculate calorie burned
- WIDGET ASPECT (appearance)
- Current Only
- Total Only
- PAUSE TIME WHEN NOT WALKING
- RESET TOTAL WIDGET COUNTER
The only worry for me is how much this will affect battery life. Will have to see over the next few days. It may help to tick “Pause when not walking” in settings.