But it’s now official!
It’s 370EUR Unsubsidised!!!!!!!!!! And so many other good things – will update asap!
WordPress is being a doofus and won’t let me add any more pics.
- The biggest feature on the Nokia N8 is its 12-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics and Xenon flash.
- It features a substantially larger sensor than any ever used in any other Nokia device – even bigger than many found in dedicated cameras.
- The Nokia N8 also introduces the ability to record high definition videos and edit them with a smart built-in editing suite on the device.
- layback quality is just as important, and the 3.5-inch HD capacitive touchscreen is the ideal window for assessing your flicks and footage.
- There’s also a HDMI connector allowing you to hook the smartphone to your HD TV and share your media with friends and family in superb quality.
- Watch HD quality video with Dolby Digital Plus surround sound and hook into a dedicated Web TV application for access to news and entertainment on the move.
- Packing more memory than most, the Nokia N8 has 16GB of built-in storage and is expandable up to 48GB with a micro SD card.
- Joining the social messaging fold with the likes of the latest Eseries and Cseries devices, the N8 enters the fray with live Twitter and Facebook updates direct to your homescreen. Comment, read and send messages, update your status and share your location and photos with one touch.
- Embracing location based services, the N8 is location-savvy and comes with free global Ovi Maps walk and drive navigation with support in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Powering the Nokia N8 is the all-new Symbian^3 platform.
- This latest incarnation introduces major new advances including multi-touch and support for gestures such as pinch-to-zoom.
- Onboard there’s also three customisable homescreens that can be loaded with applications and widgets and flicked through by a swish of the finger.
- There’s also improved 2D and 3D graphics for a faster and more responsive UI, greater memory management and a visual task manager.
- Nokia’s first smartphone to be integrated with Qt. Got and idea for an app? Qt is a software development environment that makes it a cinch to build apps and deploy across the Symbian and other software platforms
- Not to be outdone by its innards the Nokia N8 is carved from a single piece of anodised aluminium and looks glorious decked in one of five eye-catching colours (we’ll shortly be bringing you an entire article dedicated to the colours).
It will cost €370 (before the usual local taxes and subsidies) when it starts shipping in the third quarter of 2010.