Gallery: Nokia N900 vs Nokia E7 – Just how much better is CBD AMOLED over TFT LCD?

| September 25, 2010 | 20 Replies

Just how much better has the Nokia’s CBD AMOLED improved from the previous N900 TFT LCD (disregarding the N86 2.6″ AMOLED). The difference is startling. (note, N90 does have screen protector, but the colours would look pretty much the same regardless as it did so on the show floor N900).

N900 does ‘win out’ though on resolution, but the benefit perhaps with nHD is improved battery life with pushing around less pixels. Hopefully N9 has a bigger battery pack, eh?

(thu

The gallery below should link to full sized  12mp (though compressed somewhat) and to other photos where N900 is closer to the camera (so equalling reflection flare for N900 comparison).

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Category: Nokia

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Gallery: Some Nokia E7 720p 1280×720 wallpapers. | My Nokia Blog | September 25, 2010
  1. IBZTER says:

E7 looks gr8 :)

2. kaiwangailan says:

That’s not fair cause N900′s screen covered with a transparent nylon.

3. bharadwaj says:

well , CBD > N8 amoled > samsung galaxy s s-amoled

hard to find it satisfying?

see here : http://twitpic.com/2rirpc

and mind you , all the phones were set to 100 % brightness… it is not fake, its real..

4. ragesoft says:

hmm.

amoled displays allways have a higher red-color-value then other displays, arn’t they?
    look at the first picture! The red is jumping out of the display!
    dont like this :(
    n900 has better pictures, but not so color intensiv!
    sure, new display got higher resolutions and so… but is it allways usefull to get this on so small screens?

5. i’m sorry for your n900 jay but E7 cbd amoled is terribly in another planet!! its screen simply fantastic! :D

6. abhi says:

E7 rock the world, superb display. thank you NOKIA.

7. jpw says:

Hey, where to get that awesome water wallpaper?

8. R420R says:

Was N900′s brightness set on highest?

9. Miguel Sanchez says:

It would have been a better idea to have taken those picture without the flash to reduce the glare…

10. tarzan says:

n900 is daaaaaaaaam goooooood
    bz of stronger wifi,
    wider screen,
    camera clarity,
    memroy(27gb and in that 1gb is for app )so think about speed.good music quty.
    4mnt pas i am useing it dam good.
    only thing is that u will have to charge it every morng or at night.

11. khaleel says:

what is the difference between e7 & n900

12. waynebvtb says:

My roomie got n900 nd am on E7….. Well i got a 300GB xternal hard disc for my e7 to store movies nd files…..

13. waynebvtb says:

Main differences on E7 nd N900….
    1. Flash support…. E7 on flashlite 4 which supports some flash 10 contents…. But N900 on flash player 9.5
    2. N900 got 32Gb internal memory xtendable 16GB i think… Total shud be 48GB.. E7 nly got 16GB but supports xternal hard discx upto 350GB which was tried on nokia world witout any lags….
    3. Blutooth…. N900 v2.1…. E7 v3
    4. Tv out….. N900 got avi out… Works great but reduces picture quality on big screens…. E7 got both usb on the go nd hdmi out with dolby digital sound…
    5. Screen which u already saw above….
    6. The major difference…. N900 works like a pc…. Runs on maemo wich got very few apps nd games….. E7 works like a mobile but itz a definite looker…. Got loads of HD games upto 200GB……

14. mate says:

nokia n900 linux Maemo5 win.symbian no good

15. Led Tape says:

Thanks for every other informative website. Where else may I am getting that type of info written in such an ideal way? I’ve a venture that I’m simply now running on, and I have been on the look out for such information.