The World’s most popular phone game SNAKE is available for download at the Ovi Store. This isn’t an official Nokia one but it sure as heck is a lot of fun, especially as it looks like the original 3310 version, complete with the pixelated snake and green-tone black and white LCD. I’ve only tried on N8 but Ovi Store says it will work for S60 5th too.
- Works really well with touch (not sure if it will accept keys, e.g. N97). Press the screen in the direction you want the snake to move. With touch it’ll take some getting used to to get those super quick snake U-turns.
- Move the snake in the direction of the food. Avoid hitting yourself or obstacles. Can pass through one side of screen from other (Snake II)
- You can set the speed of the snake from 1 (very slow) to 10 (very fast).
- Works in portrait
- As usual as you progress, you’ll unlock different levels (20 in total) with obstacles in the way
- You can even switch the appearance of the snake to resemble
Videos and screenshot after the break…
Download from the Ovi Store now
- There’s a paid one for £1.50 (Advert-Free)
- or a Free advert-supported one. (May need internet connection. Every time you end a game to go back to menu, you’ll be prompted with ad menu)
Some cool snake inspired vids:
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Snake en version old school non officielle | November 22, 2010
- How To: Play Snake Inside a YouTube Video : My Nokia Blog | January 12, 2011