Video: Nokia N9 hands on (clone)

| January 16, 2011 | 7 Replies

With fake Symbian.

Remember the Nokia N9 clones from Friday? Well here’s a video demo of both the silver and black models.

Just to re-iterate, apparently this macbook like design has already been scrapped. Remember some of DSmobile’s comments about the N9? “I can say this is sexiest mobile ever done. It’s bye bye for HW qwerty and welcome candybar back in my life”. There’s rumours that a QWERTY version will come afterwards. Perhaps bit like how Sony Ericsson did the vivaz and vivaz pro (without and with keyboard).

The specs last time said that this clone was made of metal and was 14mm. It looks positively plastic and way more than 14mm.

If we check it out, this very first leak resembles the clone much more, what with that button left of keypad, as well as an attempt of screen buttons that was not present in leaked photos

Slightly revised and now canned:

Is there any chance it will look like the Design by Community, Nokia U, (very N8 like)

Category: Clone, Nokia, Nseries

1. Alexander361 says:

I love Nokia U

2. william says:

I hope they didnt get rid of the macbook look. I really was look to have that phone i love the look of that phone and i need a keyboad.

• deep space bar says:

they would have been sued by apple and well all know nokia and apple are not on good terms……
      apple should have just paid nokia from day one….tsk tsk

• Stylinred says:

agreed.

very curious to see the n9 though can’t believe its still a month away (if it even gets premiered at MWC)

3. My first impression to that leaks last year that it is a complete nokia e7 rip off.

4. zymo says:

it is a nice design, but if you consider that all other vendors don’t have High End Smartphones with HW QWERTY then Nokia could do the same with their first Meego device. I also heard the rumor, that the N9-01 the successor to the N9 without HW qwerty is now labeled N9. But i still don’t believe to see any Meego Phone form Nokia at MWC. My guess, OMAP4 N9 – Q3 2011.

5. William says:

That’s what I heard also that it’s two n9′s one with a keyboard one without and that they still are keeping the Mac look with the one with the keyboard