The mighty Rafe Blandford of All About Symbian has reviewed the Nokia E7 is meticulous detail.
This Part 1 review alone covers the following major topics:
- In the box
- Around the phone
- Part of a family, differences from the N8, design constraints
- Symbian^3 software
- Ovi Services
- Enterprise capabilities
- Multimedia capabilities
- Initial concluding thoughts
Some hardware highlights (Rafe reviews more on software in his review)
- Refreshingly different form factor – looks like an oversized N8 when closed – a good thing meaning very solid when closed.
- Tilt-Hinge a refinement over what was to debut on the N97 – revealing a keyboard that surprises and provokes amazement
- Pleasing new statement on the hinge: Prototype E7 units were rather stiff (in opening), but the retail unit reviewed here is much improved, evidence that design optimisation work continues even after a device has been announced.
- I would judge the E7 as having the best QWERTY keyboard that Nokia have put on a mobile device.
- one of the best screens on the market – (CBD greatness over competitors Confirmed by GSMArena, not just Symbian related sources)
Cheers to everyone who sent this in. I can’t find the exact comment where the link was posted, but hat tip to you.