Whilst we’re on the subject of NAVTEQ, let’s take a look at indoor positioning. Remember, we saw something like this at Nokia World from Nokia Research Centre whereby you can find out exactly where you are and what booth to go to all with precision indoor positioning. That’s useful for
- Being at a new mall. Indoor positioning can help you find shops/services that you are looking for.
- Being at a airport or train station and not knowing how to get to a certain gate.
- Imagine being at a huge concert and you need to find your mates who have disappeared off somewhere (or find the toilets!)
- keeping an eye on your kids (or like in face off, keep an eye on your prisoners).
- Conferences and conventions like Nokia World, CES, MWC. Find your colleagues or the booths you want/need to visit instead of roaming around callously.
Woops no idea what happened to the video.