Nokia C2-05 passes FCC – Slider touch and type? RM-725

| June 4, 2011 | 15 Replies

I don’t think we got around to posting about the C2-00 launch. It’s one of the pair of dual SIM devices that Nokia’s finally offering for emerging markets (along with other dual SIM X1-01, a very excellent handset packing a lot of punches).

c2-00 candybar

We’ve heard some rumours back in April about the C2-05 - llaadd had info that it would revive that eye catching Nokia keyboard.

Based on the FCC image, this C2-05 actually looks more like the “C2-06″ leaked in April <<more photos in this post<<

• BL-4C battery- 860mAh

Cheers janimatik for the tip!

FCC filings via phonescroop

Category: Nokia

Sites That Link to this Post

1. La FCC approva un nuovo Nokia dalla sigla RM-725 | June 6, 2011
  2. Vídeo: Pink Nokia N8 « NokiaTeam Peru | June 6, 2011
  1. indoboys says:

Enter the Series 40 Java and Web Competition: blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/nokia-developer-news/2011/06/03/enter-the-series-40-java-and-web-competition, check out three winners of a new Nokia X3-02 and “a yet-to-be-announced Nokia device”

2. alvester says:

It’s pretty sad that both the sim can’t remain active at the same time.

• Ninja says:

Why is that sad, and how on earth would that work? The entire phone would have to effectively think it was two phones at once. It’s like saying it’s sad that my car can’t run on petrol and diesel simultaneously. It makes no sense whatsoever.

• Vikas Patidar says:

Nokia C2-00 and Nokia X1-01 both phone are having a dual standby feature.

They have been already learning lesson form the Nokia C1-00.

• alvester says:

I hope that is true. Always wanted a dual sim standby phone from Nokia. If they release a dual sim smartphone too (which I doubt they’ll) then it’d be like cherry on the top of cake.

• Vikas Patidar says:

Hmm… Now released in Indian market and both the devices are great and value for money. Also Nokia India announced that they will also launch more models in coming 6-9 months including the touch and type feature phones.

3. alvester says:

Dude what’s the use of dual sim phone then? You can still change the sim on your phone whenever you want. The only difference is that the latter takes a little more time.

4. alvester says:

LOL. Your comment is kinda senseless. Don’t know how on earth you’re comparing car with a phone. There’s a LOT of difference between their technology. And I guess you haven’t seen Samsung dual sim phones in which both the sims remain active at the same time, Thats why you’re saying this.

• Vikas Patidar says:

Samsung dual sim phones are just crap.
      They are giving a button to switch SIM when we call. Rather they could have just given a preference option for the Dual SIM settings like Nokia X1-01.

I always laugh at samsung cheap phones, they locked while reading SMS or playing music. LOL

5. 352x416 says:

Nokia C2-00 is dual active standby.

6. aapinaa says:

Running Symbian Belle.

7. robert says:

i am probably to dumb, to understand why they never make a high end dual-sim (unless it are the providers who ofcourse are against it) living in a small european country you are within 100 km of many countries. I would welcome such a device, instead of swapping sim cards.