Probably the largest batch of Nokia N9 samples so far, the Engadget folks are testing out the camerabuttonless (:p) Nokia N9. Check out engadget for their sample pics.
How’s it faring?
- Nokia’s camera application definitely lives up to the company’s own hype
- nearly instant captures and an equally brisk return to a state of readiness for more image-taking
- picking up a ton of detail and controlling noise admirably
- Vlad makes sure we consider that this is a prototype.
They also recognize the awesome camera that is the N8 and compare the N9 to the “trusty N8 with its world-beating 12 megapixel sensor”
As Damian Dinning alraedy pointed out in his post at Nokia Conversations, the Nokia N8 is still the camera king. But the N9 is a great performing camera considering the 70% reduction in size.
This is a good post from NokConv about the N9 camera: http://mynokiablog.com/2011/06/27/nokia-n9-camera-introduced-by-damian-dinning/
Vlad points out that though the N8 has better colour balance and is sharper, we should consider this as a strength of the N8 and not a failure from the N9. Wow, such kind words for the Nokia handsets.
Video demo: Check out that high quality stereo audio. Vlad notes a slight out of sync but remember, this is proto.
- “considering the quick software operation and consistently detailed imagery on offer from the N9, we’d say Nokia is on to a winner here.”
Both cameras looked murky. Perhaps a smudge on the screen?This can alter photo quality so much. Or the reduced sample size for their site? Check out the full sized versions of the pics though, folks are saying they’re beautiful.
Cheers to @whousah for the tip!