We haven’t had a Nokia N9 demo in a while. This one comes from techgeek
It’s difficult not to fall in love with MeeGo-Harmattan. Especially after it looks to deliver in software all of Nokia fans’ hopes.
As seen in some other videos, but not really highlighted, closing an application is easy. There’s X buttons (if you long press) or you can SWIPE DOWN from the top of the screen. As you’ll see in multitask view, that’s not simply just multitasking (as that would put it in the top left).
- Down to kill app
- Up for quick bar (make call in any app, no need for green call button or home button)
- Swipe from edge (to bring up multitasking)
It’s all very intuitive. If it works like this everywhere (as it would seem to suggest), then there’s no hunting for X buttons or long pressing or double clicking for multitasking or having to press home etc.
Something else they note is that ”Australia will be the first market to launch this phone”.
For the other hands on, check out the wave of posts:
If that’s not enough to satisfy your Nokia N9 cravings, there’s still 8 to be won with N9Seconds. This might hurt your head, as everyone has been saying (the last 8 seem terribly difficult – so difficult that Nokia has to give us clues on Monday)
If you’re a Swede, you’re in luck as you can be one of 30 to test and keep your N9.
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- N9 Swipe undocumented feature; activate sane behavior | Felipe Contreras | August 14, 2011
- Felipe Contreras: N9 Swipe undocumented feature; activate sane behavior | MeeGo | August 14, 2011
- N9 Swipe undocumented feature; activate sane behavior | Maemo Nokia N900 | August 14, 2011
- N9 Swipe Undocumented Feature Activate Sane Behavior | August 15, 2011