OK new devices aside, what about current customers with Nokia Symbian^3 devices, namely N8 but also C7, E7, C6-01, E6 and X7?
Yes, N8 and earlier Symbian^3 WILL all get Symbian Belle update.
As you folks tried out with the leak, bugs aside, it runs smoothly on current hardware.
There is some concern over ‘fourth quarter onwards’ – is this within fourth quarter or fourth quarter and beyond? Let’s be optimistic with Q4. Until the leaks, Belle was never expected to be seen this side of 2011.
Many of you are asking if Symbian Belle will be available on the Nokia N8. Yes, the software will be available from the fourth quarter onwards for earlier Symbian 3 devices
Cheers @DS_McGuire for the tip!
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Tu actual Nokia basado en Symbian^3 también soportará Belle - Wayerless | August 24, 2011
- Post-Anna, Nokia Promises Symbian Belle Update for N8, C6, C7, E6, E7, X7 in Q4 | August 25, 2011
- Early Nokia Symbian^3 Smartphones to get Symbian Belle in Q4 | August 25, 2011
- الهواتف التي تعمل بنظام Symbian Anna ستحصل علي Belle في الربع الرابع من العام الجا | September 8, 2011
- Nokia Innovation » Symbian Belle on N8, X7, C7, C6-01 This Year? | September 9, 2011