Videos Galore: Nokia 600, 700, 701, NFC and Belle #BelleTrio

| August 24, 2011 | 31 Replies

Whilst we’re compiling the main discussion pieces of today’s Symbian Announcements in this post, in case you didn’t want to sift through all that, here’s a look at a bunch of new Nokia videos showing off the new Nokia 600, 700, 701, and Symbian Belle as well as a demo of NFC in action (with new Nokia Essence headset)

Nokia 600

Nokia 700

Nokia 701

NFC

All new Belle

Category: Nokia, Symbian

1. John says:

As much as I am looking forward to the update, I am disappointed they did not take inspiration from the N9 rather than Android. I mean wasn’t it that difficult to make Symbian more attractive other than looking like Android.

• MoritzJT says:

Wait a few more months, I might have a present for you then ;-)

• Ninja says:

So what you’re saying is, Swipe UI will come to Symbian.

This makes total sense. I think we will see swipe UI across S40, Symbian, Meego and hmmmm, WinPho possibly, maybe, not sure.

What I do know is Nokia will do everything in their power to minimise the transition for Symbian users to Windows Phone, and that means some significant work to make it’s UI more like that of Symbian etc – which also involves making Symbian more like WinPho too.

So ideally, that’s swipe UI across all platforms.

Now all they need is QT on WinPho and the transition would be SO much easier.

• Taigatrommel says:

Personally I guess this is what Symbian^4 would’ve looked like. Maybe quite some parts of S^4 have already been done and could be re-used, which would be faster and more cost effective other than starting a complete new UI from the very scratch. But that is just a guess though.

• John says:

Yeah it make sense not start a complete new UI from scratch due to costs, but why not borrow ideas from the N9 though makes more sense to me. But I am guessing these devices are there to compete with low end Android devices that are selling well in Asia, hence why they decided to have the event in Hong Kong.

• MoritzJT says:

Don’t get me wrong, but what you see in N9 / Harmattan are only the components, these will later be themable in Symbian, so cou can expect N9 themes to pop up. Considering the UX, this is not impossible, yet Nokia will not do it. I might.

• stylinred says:

maemo u mean?

• h3csc says:

As in UI structure Symbian is quite similar to Android so it is easier to do that.

2. MoritzJT says:

Wow a really nice Batch of Belle devices…

I really wonder, wether the final Belle will completely be in sync with the updated Symbian UI Guidelines. There are still a lot of changes running on the old AVKON fallback bridge.

I mean it was never mentioned that all the stuff will make it in one update but that this is the future of Symbian, so maybe the Components Bridge will recieve another update to finally look like all this: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Library/Symbian_Design_Guidelines/index.html

Another thing is there is qtcomponents for apps like fmobi and gnewsreader. While belle runs QT 4.7.4 and QTQuick Components 1.1 are depending on this, the components 1.0 used in gnewsreader are not included in belle and most parts from 1.0 are more polished then the stuff in the belle leak. Also elements are smaller. Try the qml gallery on text selection. This is AWESOME, yet not available in Belle…

• Viipottaja says:

AFAIK, there are two more feature updates in the plan, and I gather some of what you are saying may come in those?

3. 352x416 says:

Nokia’s webste says QT4.7.3 for 701?

4. BiboKid says:

NOW I am torn between N8 and N9! Which one to buyy? Sad :(

• Viipottaja says:

Well, if you need/want a lot of apps immediately, Xenon and the best camera, HDMI out, USB OTG (not sure if N9 has it though) and want to save some money, go for the N8. If not, I would go for the N9, personally.

• James says:

Wait for the reviews within the next mth before you decide on anything.

I think you’ll be going for the N9, no contest overall.

Particularly WRT the OS & it’s built-in functionality/extensibility.

But wait & see the detailed/impartial reviews.
      Patience; easier said than done!

5. EmmanuelM says:

Only mid-range handset … Successor of C6-01 and C7 at the best… No N8 or E7 successor …

6. Coputnik says:

Wow! Maybe the best ads of Nokia so far! =)

P.S. In love with my N8 with Anna =)

7. cipox says:

wanna trade my old c7 with nokia 701 better cpu and 4 times gpu memori droool .

8. Looks brilliant! Symbian Belle should be released for all Symbian^3 phones right now!

9. James says:

Wait for the reviews within the next mth before you decide on anything.

I think you’ll be going for the N9, no contest overall.

Particularly WRT the OS & it’s built-in functionality/extensibility.

But wait & see the detailed/impartial reviews.
    Patience; easier said than done!

10. Raymond says:

Call your local health department to receive information and support about how
    to pump and how often to pump your tank. Instead of, or
    in addition to, a solid wood paneled door you can install
    a screen door and enjoy a bug-free view of your yard (provided you’ve placed
    it right for privacy). As water and waste material are drained
    from your home into the septic system the water level in the
    tank rises to the level of the overflow.