Nokia to team up with Monster for new accessories – Nokia Purity HD Stereo Headsets

| October 6, 2011 | 35 Replies

Not one to let HTC have all the fun with Beats headphones, it seems that Nokia is teaming up with Monster for upcoming accessories. You may be familiar with Beats by Dr Dre (Studio line a fan by hipster folks :p) or even Lady Gaga’s Heartbeats headphones, both from Monster Cable.

Hopefully Nokia can make some more up to date, youthful/fashionable designs for their headphones. I loved the Nokia BH-905(i) but they oddly felt a little on the formal/corporate side. I guess with that price tag that’s what you would want to expect. The cups were a little too small, with I found to both impede it aesthetically and in performance (letting sound leak out). I guess, professional folks don’t want to look like DJs or 90s kids.

Nokia Purity HD Stereo Headsets – Hmm…that doesn’t really roll off the tongue. This was something I was mulling over some days ago thinking about all these people with massive white beats headphones. Beats is a great brand (with a great design). One syllable. What’s the point in mentioning Stereo? Are we from the 70s? HD

Other possible sound related names?

• Echo
  • Note
  • Reverb
  • Ultrasound (Nokia Ultrasound – though baby scans might be the wrong association)
  • Supersonic?
  • Doppler
  • Shockwave
  • Sonic Boom
  • Sonic
What name do you prefer? Any suggestions of your own?

Source:  pocketnow.com via  wmpoweruser via @joaoluisc

Tags:

Category: Accessories, Nokia

1. stylinred says:

oh god…. Not monster…. Why dont they team up with a brand that actually develops good headphones and not simply marketing gimmicks? Even nokias own headsets have better quality…
    Such a disappointment

2. mark says:

So since it is monster it will be no better than any other product just cost 8 times more

• Jay Montano says:

Beats branding and design on BH-905i would have been good. Just brand awareness of some great sounding BT headphones would have done that department a world of good.

Though yeah, Beats is out of the question so they have “Purity” whatever that is. Makes me think more of being chaste than anything.

3. Cod3rror says:

• Rock says:

Why the ‘Nooo’?

• meegomad says:

i would buy a nokia phone for music especially if it has monster headphones…so why no?

im glad nokia is keeping up with other companies now(htc partnered with beats, even though monster and beats are the same)

4. Jesse says:

I like it, when it comes to audio purity is perfect.

5. N8ownerwantingtobuyN9 says:

If it looks like that then it should sell well

6. Fanel says:

I assume these are meant for the North American market where the general consumer eats up the marketing bs fed to them. Monster products are average at best with ridiculous prices. If Nokia wanted to go with quality, they should have partnered with Audio-Technica or Denon. Hell, even Sony makes better headphones but no, they went with brand name/imagine instead of quality.

7. Dave says:

Both Monster and Beats are in the same business – marketing overpriced, underperforming rubbish to gullible customers.

This is very definitely *not* a good move from Nokia, and it won’t help their sales in the slightest.

8. #@! says:

it must be very very very very very very very very …very EXPENSIVE

9. n-user says:

I got one…what about ‘Nokia BOOM!’?

and BOOMz! for v.2, BOOMzz! for v.3

good name? XD

10. bogdo says:

would have rather seen a partnership with Bowers & Wilkins. Their P5 Headphones are the nicest i’ve ever seen.

11. jr says:

Nokia fanboys are full of shit.. how can you complain about these slick headsets?

12. ash says:

noooo
    it would be better to go with a audio company like denon instead of a marketing agency which is monster

13. Tommy says:

lol, you are whinning over more competition. Thats just stupid!

I think they would do a great job. The beats studio have great sound quality, but yeas they are expensive so are it’s competitors if you want great quality.

14. I take pleasure in, result in I discovered just what I used to be taking a look for. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

15. great issues altogether, you simply gained a brand new reader. What may you suggest about your submit that you simply made a few days in the past? Any sure?