With Nokia’s Ovi Store (now Nokia Store) reported to supposedly deliver 160% more downloads per app than Apple’s App Store (and possibly well over 9 million daily downloads now) it would be quite understandable why other developers may want a piece of this action.
There’s certainly an audience there willing to buy great quality apps. With the Qt API Mapping tool for iOS, iPad and iPhone apps can be ‘ported’ over for Symbian, N9 (and whatever secret Qt platform they have to unveil at Nokia World :p). But it’s not just iOS. There’s also one for Android and Windows Phone.
If you are familiar with iOS development, this tool assists with porting iPhone or iPad apps to the latest version of the Qt platform delivered in Symbian phones and the Nokia N9 smartphone. Using this tool, you can browse a list of iOS API calls and find the equivalent classes and methods offered by Qt. You can also search for a specific iOS API call and find the equivalent Qt API call, along with example code and links to the API documentation for both platforms.
Check them out:
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- QT API | Aplikasi iPhone, Android dan WP7 bisa dijalankan di Symbian dan N9 | Coretan Adit38 (dan Galaktus) | October 7, 2011
- Thảo luận về ứng dụng của N9 và các thủ thuật khi chờ hàng về :) | October 7, 2011
- Now port your iOS, Android and Windows Phone apps to Symbian / N9 with Qt API Mapping Tool! | SymbianTweet | October 7, 2011
- iOS und android apps in zukunft in symbian^3 [News] | October 7, 2011
- New QT API mapping brings iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows apps to Symbian/N9 | Symbian Republic | October 8, 2011
- iOS, Symbian, Android e Mango sviluppano tutti con QT API mapping | blog.electronics.sm | October 11, 2011
- QT API | Aplikasi iPhone, Android dan WP7 bisa dijalankan di Symbian dan N9 | Simply Life | February 3, 2013