Unannounced 1.4GHz Nokia 710 specs at Nokia developer page. Symbian or Windows Phone?

| October 14, 2011 | 111 Replies

@Camb078 @Soussef24 and @cambo78 included me in a tweetconvo where they discuss an odd new Nokia phone that’s suspiciously been leaked at Nokia’s own developer page. I see adnokr5 tweeted me that too. (Sorry, will check tips section after).

Something called the Nokia 710 (which I think someone had tipped about the other day, but I was not able to cover that story at the time). You can see it  complete with specifications, with labels suggesting a new Symbian phone. The specs initially say Maemo Internet Tablet 2008, but they all point to Windows Phone.

• 1.4GHz Cortex A8
  • 3.7″, 800×480? (Looks Windows Phoney) Clear Black TFT
  • 28mm wide angle but 5MP camera
  • 720p, 30FPS
  • 8GB Internal memory
  • 512mb RAM
  • Browser undisclosed
  • Bit scary - BL-5B 3.7V 820mAh (820mAh) – 400 hours standby (more than iPhone 4S), 5H 3G browsing, 7H GSM talk time. MicroSIM.
  • Seems more likely it’s an accidentally uncovered Windows Phone, based on the screen resolution and current specs.

Would be interesting if it was actually a return of Maemo :p

Category: Nokia, Symbian, Windows Phone

1. John says:

Whats Nokia’s fascination with 3.7 inch screens we need some more 4 inch ones. Well i do. :-)

2. Just Visiting says:

Well, it does say that the development framework is Symbian C++, Java, and Flash, so I’m inclined to think that it is not WP.

3. DM says:

Can someone confirm if nokia 603 has Micro sim as i read in few posts

4. Pablo says:

“BL-5B 820mAh 3.7V (820mAh) – 400 horas em standby (mais de 4S iPhone), navegação 3G 5H, 7H tempo de conversação GSM”. I liked it!

5. Mario says:

Can’t be a Windows Phone. WP7 only runs on Qualcomm chips, while OMAP (Cortex A8) are the chips Nokia favored for Symbian and everything Maemo/MeeGo related.

Maybe a cheaper version of the N9?

• Mario says:

OK, something:

The browser is Webkit. That is either a Symbian browser, or a MeeGo one (Maemo was Gecko).

OMAP chips are made by Texas Instruments, btw.

• N00-00 says:

Snapdragon is based on Cortex-A8..

Also, There is no mention of Qt for it.. So don’t think its MeeGo\Symbian based..

• though it has mentioned Symbian C++, Java, Flash

• xerxes2 says:

Snapdragon is not a Cortex-A8 cpu. It’s only using the armv7 instruction set with it’s own core. And afaik if this is a Symbian device it’ll be the first one which is using armv7 as all the others are using armv6.

• N00-00 says:

I meant is similar to Cortex-A8… I think the reason why it mentions Cortex-A8( and other junk values) currently is because the real values may not be available for the fields.. SO they are either taking the ones similar to just putting junk values (like the OS)..

6. Displaying OS as Internet Tablet OS 2008 Edition

0_o

7. N00-00 says:

It does look like a WP device with 1.4 GHz Cortex-A8 processor and the 480X800 resolution.. Also, there is no support for MicroSD and only 3 3G bands (Qualcomm radio???). But some settings are not yet available in Nokia DB, so looks like they gave some junk values and the battery seems to be one of them..

8. migo says:

Looks like another Maemo device. Why they would go from a 16:9 to 16:10 aspect ratio makes no sense though.

It does look weird, as the specs suggest a 1.4GHz Scorpion based system running Windows Phone but everything says that it’s clearly not.

• rebel_ng says:

makes no sense? Wake the hell up. 16:9 sucks. If you’ve ever used a phone with 8:5 or 4:3 you’ld be disgusted by 16:9.

• migo says:

Consistent aspect ratio is important. Symbian phones and the N9 use 16:9, they should stick to that so that apps can be designed with the UI elements as a % of the screen rather than by pixels.

9. DGui says:

It’s a Mango device… Seen some pretty good proof…

10. Luisito says:

Actually removed from the website… if this is a joke… someone will receive a joke in the form of a really long unpayed vacations…

11. Mark says:

Once they announce the dual screen I’ll be wetting my pants. Go Nokia!!!!

12. DGui says:

It has been removed from the site, but here’s an image with the whole list, screenshot from the site: http://dgui.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/nokia-710.png

13. Eddy says:

this is most likely the Sabre, which is the really low end model

• Kyle says:

I absolutely agree, this has to be Sabre. Same body as Sea Ray but less storage 8GB, TFT instead of AMOLED, and 5MP instead of 8MP camera.

So Sabre is the Nokia 710, Sea Ray is the Nokia 800 and we’re still waiting for confirmation on the number for Ace (perhaps 900).

14. Me says:

This might be a tablet, and you can call with it.

15. meong says: