Symbian Anna, now live in Australia!

| October 31, 2011 | 23 Replies

We got an email and a screenshot from Aklanai saying that he’s just got the Symbian Anna firmware for his Nokia N8 in Australia. This is also confirmed by Yvonne from Nokia.

Screenshot is 059D597 P/C which is Dark Grey N8 Australian Variant.

Long time coming.

Vodafone also has a post that coincides with the Australian release of Anna v25.007

Might just be for Vodafone users, but I’m on an unlocked device and got it the exact same time as them!
Therefore I assume it is most Australian handsets.

I was ONLY able to do this over Nokia Suite via USB – OTA was not available for me.

Yvonne from Nokia writes:

In case you didn’t get it via other channels already: We’ve now published Symbian Anna for Australia this morning. All customers on unbranded as well as Vodafone, 3 and Optus variants can now update. Telstra unfortunately is not available yet as we are still waiting for their approval.

Category: Firmware Update, Nokia, Symbian

1. Michael Faro-Tusino says:

FINALLY! Now bring on Belle :)

2. Ronit says:

Can we get Belle now? Or does Belle have to get delayed because of Telstra?

3. John says:

Sydney time is 8:51 PM Monday 31 and Nokia suite with my Optus N8 (059C6M2) attached by USB says “you have 014.002, no updates available”

4. aj says:

i got it tonite :)

5. Alenka says:

In Lithuania is still version 24.14, not 25.7.

6. Tinwalaadnan says:

when symbian anna update 25.007 will be available in India?
    Can anyone tell me.
    I have nokia c6 01.

7. Haroon says:

I am with Optus in Sydney. After seeing this post I checked my phone and there were updates available (only OTA for me). It first did a 25mb anna something update after which it displayed other updates. I got the anna 1 and 2 updates, anna service pack, social update and ovi store update. After restarting the phone when I started the ovi store it offered another update after which it is now the nokia store and I think much better looking than before.

It has all worked beautifully, no problems at all. I like the new icons, font and other small differences. The only thing I didnt like was the optus anna theme but I was able to get another plain black anna theme from the store.

The split screen keyboard and potrait qwerty are both present and working, although I dont like the potrait qwerty much, as I think the letters are too small and not properly arranged. The only other thing that has happened is that it has removed my folder/app arrangement which is not a big deal for me as my setup was very simple and I have rearranged them again.

The swiping between the home screens is smoother and different somehow even though I have the theme effects turned off.

Overall I think the phone is faster and smoother.Very happy with my N8. I hope the whole update process is running as smoothly for everyone else as it was for me. Take care.

8. Lloydo says:

From Richard on Whirlpool http://whrl.pl/RcYCzb

“Nokia submitted firmware updates to Telstra to test. They have sent them via Qantas freight, so nobody is sure when it will get there :)”

HAHAHA

9. nokiafene says:

whats happening in canada

10. Craig says:

Finally. Thanks Nokia.

Now i just need to solve my Symbian Anna Update 2/2 error. Nothing is working right now.