Update: Qt 4.7.4 for Symbian and Qt Quick Components 1.1 for even better looking/running Symbian/Apps
The Qt Blog says Qt Quick Components is now updated to v1.1 for Symbian.
This update is part of a new release for Anna and Belle, containing Qt 4.7.4 Qt Quick 1.1 and Qt Quick Components 1.1 for Symbian. This enables quick UI design and development for Qt apps.
Qt blog says Qt 4.7.4 is a big release for Qt devs. There are big changes in how graphics resources are managed in the default OpenVG graphics system used by Qt applications. Furthermore, there’s introduction of opt-in OpenGL ES based graphics systemto wider use with better resource management. Specifically this optimises for scarce GPU memory and have better graphics memory releasing schemes when applications are moved to background. Result? Stopping and starting Qt apps will supposedly be smoother.
More on the UI, , Qt Quick Components 1.1 and Qt Quick 1.1 modules provide the biggest improvements. Split screen keyboard view will be more consistent and widespread. There will also be other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Qt 4.7.4 also enables the new Symbian Belle features like the new iconic toolbar support.
The Qt 4.7.4 release bundle contains
- Qt 4.7.4,
- Qt Quick 1.1,
- Qt Mobility 1.2 (see separate what’s new topic too),
- Qt WebKit 2.1.1, and
- Qt Quick Components 1.1 for Symbian.
Qt Quick Components 1.1 for Symbian introduces new features:
- Right-To-Left support enabling a layout mirroring (eg. text and icons) for Right-To-Left languages
- Split-view input replaces the full screen virtual keyboard with the more user friendly partial screen virtual keyboard
- Input Context gives access to software input panels’ size and visibility
- Inverted Style provides an alternative style for the Qt Quick Components with inverted colors
and it brings new useful components:
- Label ensures a convenient way to provide body text and links using platform’s default font and color
- SearchBox provides a search bar functionality for progressive search with a search input field and a search icon
- PageStackWindow brings “all essentials in one” (a StatusBar, the page navigation and a ToolBar) with platform’s look and feel