Today’s hack has to do with the Call-UI. I came across a Mod that I like, mainly because I found the buttons too small for my fingers. What this mod does, is makes the answer, reject and silent buttons bigger, as well as enlarging the contact’s avatar.
I didn’t like how big the avatar was resized to, as it became blurry and looked too hacked. ( I like my hacks to look more polished, bit OCD like that.) So I actually altered the mod, to increase the avatar by only twice the size, whilst leaving the buttons big.
I’ll post both the files, and I’ll let you use the screenshots to decide which is best for you. The instructions are the same for both. In case you stuff up, or decide to go back, there is also the original file.
- Download the .css file to your PC. Ensure the file is named call-ui.css
- Connect N9 in Mass Storage.
- Copy the .css file to the N9 in the root of that drive.
- Open Terminal, gain root access.
Password is rootme unless changed
- cp /home/user/MyDocs/call-ui.css /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/call-ui/style/
Phone will reboot. Call your mobile, and if everything went well, you should see something along the lines of the screenshots above. (By something I mean may not have an avatar and name will be different, etc. )
Comments and tweets welcome if you have trouble.
P.S HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!